The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

I want to know..

Media and communication course is at university of Leciester and dmu uni. I'm struggling to choose which one to go. Does it matter which uni I attend ???
Original post by Jessychocolate
Media and communication course is at university of Leciester and dmu uni. I'm struggling to choose which one to go. Does it matter which uni I attend ???

I think u should go fr the uni which is the best one ...I mean in terms of teachers ,facilities,curriculum, resources etc..:wink::h:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by shahida sulaiman
I think u should go fr the uni which is the best one ...I mean in terms of teachers ,facilities,curriculum, resources etc..:wink::h:
ok thank you
ok thank you

Ur welcome :wink::tongue:

Leciester has a far better reputation, especially in regard to league tables - for example, it's 32nd in the Complete University Guide, whereas De Montfort is 54th. For your subject specifically, Leicester is ranked 11th, while De Montfort is 27th.

But ultimately reputation is meaningless unless you like, and consequently thrive, at your chosen university. Visit both, check statistics like which one has a better student:staff ratio, and check which modules each one offers (as they will be different), and then decide after that.

What's also important is the entry requirements - Leicester's requirements are ABB, while De Montfort's is 260 UCAS points, which is roughly BCC. There's no point applying to Leicester if you're not predicted at least ABB.
I disagree, Doctowhofan98. You shouldn't belittle yourself jsut because you dont think you can make it those grades because sometimes the Uni will accept you anwyay. Almost 100% of the people I asked at Leicester (I'm a student), said they got below their entry grades but were still allowed. You should focus on the faculty, not the entry requirements.
Original post by mononoke_
I disagree, Doctowhofan98. You shouldn't belittle yourself jsut because you dont think you can make it those grades because sometimes the Uni will accept you anwyay. Almost 100% of the people I asked at Leicester (I'm a student), said they got below their entry grades but were still allowed. You should focus on the faculty, not the entry requirements.

True, but the leniency is more often on results day than during the application process. If the OP's course required ABB, they were predicted ABB, and got an offer, but missed out on results day by getting BBB or BBC, they'd be very likely to get an offer. But if the OP is predicted, say, BCC - DMU's requirements - or BBC, then they're unlikely to get an offer in the first place as the application process itself is very competitive - whereas on results day the uni may be lenient as the student has shown loyalty by placing them as their firm choice. Leniency is very common on results day itself, but I've not encountered anyone who's gained an offer from somewhere that required higher grades than the ones they were predicted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending