The Student Room Group

Swapping insurance and firm choices for university?

I spoke to UCAS on the phone about going to my insurance instead of my firm and they said I have until the 28th the unis and UCAS are closed (weekend) atm so I am waiting for monday to do this.

I have already emailed the universities before hand about my decision via email, will this be done before the 28th if I phone the unis and UCAS up on Monday?!

I am an access student and I already have sent them both my results.
Original post by champagnepapii
I spoke to UCAS on the phone about going to my insurance instead of my firm and they said I have until the 28th the unis and UCAS are closed (weekend) atm so I am waiting for monday to do this.

I have already emailed the universities before hand about my decision via email, will this be done before the 28th if I phone the unis and UCAS up on Monday?!

I am an access student and I already have sent them both my results.

Phone both your universities.

You need to call your insurance one first to check if they can switch you to firm, you then need to phone your firm to tell them you'd like to switch it to insurance. They may not let you do this so you may have to withdraw from that university altogether, be prepared to make that choice. After you've confirmed it with them, you need to phone UCAS so they can switch it on your UCAS profile and SFE for funding if you've already sorted that.
Original post by JoeL1994
Phone both your universities.

You need to call your insurance one first to check if they can switch you to firm, you then need to phone your firm to tell them you'd like to switch it to insurance. They may not let you do this so you may have to withdraw from that university altogether, be prepared to make that choice. After you've confirmed it with them, you need to phone UCAS so they can switch it on your UCAS profile and SFE for funding if you've already sorted that.

Thank you for your advice, UCAS told me if I get released from my firm I go straight into clearing? :frown: not really wanting to do that. Hopefully they will allow me to switch over though, I have given my insurance choice all the required information yet my firm choice is very slow and there is still some information outstanding and the offer is still pending confirmation.
Original post by champagnepapii
Thank you for your advice, UCAS told me if I get released from my firm I go straight into clearing? :frown: not really wanting to do that. Hopefully they will allow me to switch over though, I have given my insurance choice all the required information yet my firm choice is very slow and there is still some information outstanding and the offer is still pending confirmation.

You may have to go through Clearing or Amendment but your insurance could offer you the firm through there.

You will have to get the Insurance to change you to a firm and your firm to reject you. Phone your insurance first though and make sure everything is in place.
Original post by JoeL1994
You may have to go through Clearing or Amendment but your insurance could offer you the firm through there.

You will have to get the Insurance to change you to a firm and your firm to reject you. Phone your insurance first though and make sure everything is in place.

Thank you! Just waiting for tomorrow to get it all sorted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending