The Student Room Group

Girlfriend keeps leaving the fridge door open

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Put her in the fridge freezer (it also works for annoying siblings)
Original post by Platopus
Haha this is what my mum does every time I leave the fridge door open for even 1 minute. By this time, I'm so well trained that I shut it in between putting different items of shopping in.

In that case, you clearly don't love her enough for the relationship to work. If you did, you wouldn't consider an argument over the fridge a basis for breaking up. Also, her attitude does demonstrate an unwillingness to compromise and general selfishness which really aren't very nice.
I think everyone on this planet has gotten the electricity speech over and over and over again from their parents. My dad was really funny. When I was in college I was in between apartments and had to move back home to his house for a couple of months. He had problems sleeping. He would wake up around 1a.m. he would go to retrieve something from his car in the garage.he would always leave the garage light on. The next day he would always yell at me and tell me that I should wake up late at night and get out of bed to check to see if he had turned off the garage light or not. he would say it was my responsibility to make sure he turned off the light. Can you imagine some father living in Iraq and giving his kids the electricity speech in Arabic. I can just imagine him saying,do you know how many camels I had to sell today to pay for the electricity you're wasting? don't you know what you're doing? What were you thinking?STUPID STUPID STUPID!!
Original post by emobambam
I think everyone on this planet has gotten the electricity speech over and over and over again from their parents. My dad was really funny. When I was in college I was in between apartments and had to move back home to his house for a couple of months. He had problems sleeping. He would wake up around 1a.m. he would go to retrieve something from his car in the garage.he would always leave the garage light on. The next day he would always yell at me and tell me that I should wake up late at night and get out of bed to check to see if he had turned off the garage light or not. he would say it was my responsibility to make sure he turned off the light. Can you imagine some father living in Iraq and giving his kids the electricity speech in Arabic. I can just imagine him saying,do you know how many camels I had to sell today to pay for the electricity you're wasting? don't you know what you're doing? What were you thinking?STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

This is so funny :biggrin: it really must be a universal thing! I will probably give it to my children too...
Original post by Platopus
This is so funny :biggrin: it really must be a universal thing! I will probably give it to my children too...
are you kidding everyone who pays for the electricity or the gas is going to give their child the electricity speech. It's either ingrained or imprinted on us. I can imagine some neanderthal sitting by the fire grunting the electricity speech at his little children and his mate. Do you know how much time it took me to collect all these pieces of wood for this fire?
Original post by Zargabaath
I've been with my gf for a while now and things have been going really great. We both love each other and we've moved in together

However she's always had this really annoying habit of leaving the fridge door wide open.
Last week, during the heatwave I bought some ice creams. When I went to go get one from the fridge, I found the door wide open and water everywhere. When I took the ice cream out of the box, it had melted :frown:
I brought this up with her and she told me that i should just drink the liquid ice cream.

What do I do guys? I love her but i can't see us getting past this fridge door issue :s-smilie:

Dump her. She probably keeps her vagina open for other men too.
Just because she leaves the fridge open you want to break up with her
Reply 26
I've been with my gf for a while now and things have been going really great. We both love each other and we've moved in together

However she's always had this really annoying habit of leaving the fridge door wide open.
Last week, during the heatwave I bought some ice creams. When I went to go get one from the fridge, I found the door wide open and water everywhere. When I took the ice cream out of the box, it had melted :frown:
I brought this up with her and she told me that i should just drink the liquid ice cream.

What do I do guys? I love her but i can't see us getting past this fridge door issue :s-smilie:

Teach her a lesson! Shut her in the fridge! Or better do something equivalent e.g. never flush the toilet. Or set the TV to automatically turn off in the middle of her favourite program. :devil:
Wtf, what a ridiculous habit. Why on earth does she leave the fridge door open? That would annoy the hell out of me.
Get out of there, she sounds like an animal.
I hope your coping well emotionally.
Start pissing in the bin instead of the toilet.
Original post by whydoidothis?
Get out of there, she sounds like an animal.
I hope your coping well emotionally.

It's hard ngl, I don't think I can take anymore :cry2:
Original post by JamesN88
Start pissing in the bin instead of the toilet.

I already do :smile:
Reply 32

Retaliate by always leaving the toilet seat up.
I'm constantly amazed by TSR replies. It's either that people play along so well it's impossible to tell, or that people REALLY are not good at noticing when a post is for the keks or not
Fall on the ground to your knees whimpering the words "Noooo Carllll, you've melted, nooooo! - urgh". Then go to the freezer and get an ice lolly.[video="youtube;fqAe6A7s5iY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqAe6A7s5iY[/video]
Original post by oversizedcarrot
Fall on the ground to your knees whimpering the words "Noooo Carllll, you've melted, nooooo! - urgh". Then go to the freezer and get an ice lolly.[video="youtube;fqAe6A7s5iY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqAe6A7s5iY[/video]

Was that just a TWD reference or a FilmCow reference too?

Is this some kind of inside joke lol?
This is some great banter
Witty banter but I am also being genuine here. It's called using simultaneous equations.
Reply 39
Weird, why on earth won't she close the door? is she really that lazy or is she just testing you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending