The Student Room Group

Grade Boundaries-Edexcel GCSE Maths.

I sat the Edexcel Mathematics B papers in May and June. The Grade boundaries of June 2015 say that for paper 2, you needed 100% Raw Mark (60/60) to obtain full UMS (120/120)! Is this the case? It seem a bit harsh that if you lose 1 mark, you cannot get full UMS on the paper!
Reply 1
Original post by dp00
I sat the Edexcel Mathematics B papers in May and June. The Grade boundaries of June 2015 say that for paper 2, you needed 100% Raw Mark (60/60) to obtain full UMS (120/120)! Is this the case? It seem a bit harsh that if you lose 1 mark, you cannot get full UMS on the paper!
in that paper you could actually get full UMS by getting 59/60 raw marks.
The raw marks boundry for GCSE is the A*/A difference added to the A* boundry or full raw marks for full UMS whichever is lower.
Original post by Aph
in that paper you could actually get full UMS by getting 59/60 raw marks.
The raw marks boundry for GCSE is the A*/A difference added to the A* boundry or full raw marks for full UMS whichever is lower.
thank you for your response! Are you sure this is the case?? Would I be able to get full UMS with 58/60?
Reply 3
Original post by dp00
thank you for your response! Are you sure this is the case?? Would I be able to get full UMS with 58/60?

I'm positive. That is not full UMS.

Quick Reply

Latest