The Student Room Group

I was a sex worker at uni

Scroll to see replies

does your current bf know,

what uni did you go to or do you go to ?
How did you start working in that industry? Did you think about doing it before the opportunity arose?
Original post by oShahpo
No, I mean interesting things like football are not called "work", they're... professions, but not "work".

Spending most of the day responding to enquiries. Constantly checking on other girls' ads and making sure you keep up with pricing/services in order to be competitive. Advertising and marketing. Publishing feedback. Security research. Bookkeeping. More responding to enquiries. And that's before you even arrive at the bookings to provide the exact service requested.
Original post by Anonymous
Spending most of the day responding to enquiries. Constantly checking on other girls' ads and making sure you keep up with pricing/services in order to be competitive. Advertising and marketing. Publishing feedback. Security research. Bookkeeping. More responding to enquiries. And that's before you even arrive at the bookings to provide the exact service requested.

Should've hired a secretary :P
Original post by JNDSAN
does your current bf know,

what uni did you go to or do you go to ?

Yeah he does. I went to uni in London but I'm not saying more than that :biggrin:

I can imagine that on your CV.
Original post by DJ Steves
How did you start working in that industry? Did you think about doing it before the opportunity arose?

I always wanted to do it so one day I took the plunge

Original post by oShahpo
Should've hired a secretary :P

Hahah there's a reason why if you work for an agency they take 40%
(edited 7 years ago)
How did you find/attract clients
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I can imagine that on your CV.

Literally the most annoying thing is that I essentially ran my own business whilst at uni and I can't tell employers about it :laugh:
How did you find/attract clients

There's a popular website where you pay to advertise and you attract clients that way.
Yeah he does. I went to uni in London but I'm not saying more than that :biggrin:

I feel its SOAS. how did you go about doing it, craiglist, an agency, another website? did any of your friends know?
STEM master race
yes or no?
Original post by JNDSAN
I feel its SOAS. how did you go about doing it, craiglist, an agency, another website? did any of your friends know?

Bad guess I'm afraid :tongue: I did it on a website specifically for sex work, it's kind of like Amazon really hahah. Yeah all my friends know/knew.
AMA

Nothing comes to mind
Bad guess I'm afraid :tongue: I did it on a website specifically for sex work, it's kind of like Amazon really hahah. Yeah all my friends know/knew.

so did you start first year or later? was it purely financial or was it actually something youd thought about doing at some other point but saw the financial problems of being a student as kind of a good excuse to have a crack
Reply 55
I've probably ****ed your future husband or your dad though, so...

Hahahah correct :wink:

Wow, you must have ****ed millions of people for that to be probable
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Wow, you must have ****ed millions of people for that to be probable

I love it when people understand sarcasm

Original post by JNDSAN
so did you start first year or later? was it purely financial or was it actually something youd thought about doing at some other point but saw the financial problems of being a student as kind of a good excuse to have a crack

Started before I even went to uni while I was still working another full time job... I just like money a lot it seems. I was so intrigued by sex work since being a teenager and was constantly obsessed with the idea so I decided to have a go and it turns out I was quite good

Started before I even went to uni while I was still working another full time job... I just like money a lot it seems. I was so intrigued by sex work since being a teenager and was constantly obsessed with the idea so I decided to have a go and it turns out I was quite good

so did you just like meet with anyone or did you only go for like older guys cuz theyd pay more or something?
Reply 58

Me too, it's great :biggrin:
Original post by JNDSAN
so did you just like meet with anyone or did you only go for like older guys cuz theyd pay more or something?

No I was quite picky with my clients. You get a lot of weird requests or people who seem dodgy so I probably only took bookings with 5-10% of people who contacted me.
Everyone pays the same, I had an hourly rate which was non-negotiable. Older men always tipped well and brought gifts though :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending