The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guess the fee looks pretty decent when you consider Sterling and Stones cost more than him.

Also, notice how Pep's spending isn't being questioned. Spent £50mill on a CB ffs.
(edited 7 years ago)
More surprised Pep seems willing to play an actually CB at CB. Stones for more than Sane, madness English premium.
Original post by Rk2k14
Guess the fee looks pretty decent when you consider Sterling and Stones cost more than him.

Also, notice how Pep's spending isn't being questioned. Spent £50mill on a CB ffs.

What happened to us getting ripped off badly for a highlights player?

That change of tone
Imagine a midfield pivot of Pogba - Pogba :coma:

Original post by Rk2k14
At least when teams park the bus on us we have a threat from outside the box.

Pogba =30 yards out = top bins.

Lol indeed. Sick of seeing Carrick pass it sideways when he could just have a pop.

Also, Hi all!
Think of all the starving children of the world we could help with that money. I'm a deep thinking intellectual !
Original post by Dirtybit
What happened to us getting ripped off badly for a highlights player?

That change of tone

Merely pointing out that City got ripped off worse than us on more than one occasion.
We've signed him for his fee. End of story.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Harvlol
Lol indeed. Sick of seeing Carrick pass it sideways when he could just have a pop.

Also, Hi all!

Welcome to the MU thread.
Really hope City don't buy a goalkeeper. Watching them try to play out with Hart or Willy should lead to some amusing MOTD's. The looks so uncomfortable.
Original post by Fizzel
Really hope City don't buy a goalkeeper. Watching them try to play out with Hart or Willy should lead to some amusing MOTD's. The looks so uncomfortable.

I hope they keep Hart. He's super average.
Original post by Harvlol
I hope they keep Hart. He's super average.

Stones is super average too.

40 million on a defender who cant defend :rofl:

they'll leak goals for fun next season.

oh wait they always have:teehee:

anyone remember Martial sending him to the fourth dimension last season?
Original post by swirly
Stones is super average too.

40 million on a defender who cant defend :rofl:

they'll leak goals for fun next season.

oh wait they always have:teehee:

anyone remember Martial sending him to the fourth dimension last season?

£50mill m8.

Toto will do a madness this season.
Original post by Rk2k14
£50mill m8.

Toto will do a madness this season.

Did I specify what currency u kent

50 million GBP = 40 million Chilean Peso

Stop waving around your white privilege as if GBP is the only currency in the world

Jheeze

:colonhash:
I rate Stones.

Under the right manager (pep) and team he'll be great. The guy's still young and will learn heaps from Pep. I see him developing like Boateng.
Barcelona have fooled people into thinking CB's don't need to defend. Pep is a fraud when it comes to defensive play, he doesn't understand the first thing about it. In the last three seasons he has played a ridiculous high-line in the CL against Real, Barca and Atletico; the three best counter-attacking teams in the world, and he has paid the price. Except no pundit, fan or journalist wants to call him out on it.

So far he has has had a free-ride by having either GOAT players or just buying the oppositions players. In the Premiership he will get found out; the fast pace and intensity will mean teams like Leicester will just pump the ball up pitch and Vardy and Musa will expose the space left by their 'attacking full-backs' and their two fragile 'ball-playing' CBs.

Stones is a fitting signing as he encapsulates the fraudness of Pep and more generally, the club. He has no positional awareness and poor reading of the game, except he does know how to pass a ball 25 yards and he can also piss about with it at the edge of his box. He was part of one of the worst defences in the league last year and he will get found out again this year.

Quote me on the lot.
Original post by Manchester United
Barcelona have fooled people into thinking CB's don't need to defend. Pep is a fraud when it comes to defensive play, he doesn't understand the first thing about it. In the last three seasons he has played a ridiculous high-line in the CL against Real, Barca and Atletico; the three best counter-attacking teams in the world, and he has paid the price. Except no pundit, fan or journalist wants to call him out on it.

So far he has has had a free-ride by having either GOAT players or just buying the oppositions players. In the Premiership he will get found out; the fast pace and intensity will mean teams like Leicester will just pump the ball up pitch and Vardy and Musa will expose the space left by their 'attacking full-backs' and their two fragile 'ball-playing' CBs.

Stones is a fitting signing as he encapsulates the fraudness of Pep and more generally, the club. He has no positional awareness and poor reading of the game, except he does know how to pass a ball 25 yards and he can also piss about with it at the edge of his box. He was part of one of the worst defences in the league last year and he will get found out again this year.

Quote me on the lot.

Atletico 2016 exposing him:

Barca 2015 exposing him:

Real 2014 exposing him:

Pep does not learn. He has surrounded himself with yes-men, if you're not one, you get chucked out the system (see Ibra, see Bayern doctor etc).

In a years time I will link a video to Leicester 2017 exposing him.
when he introduced Boateng to multi-verse theory :teehee:

Hilarious when he went mad for man at the back against Barca. Brb tactical genius.

Passing the ball's a good skill to have as a defender nowadays but his defending is Dier.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hoping for a Qua/Vae appearance, ngl.
Still think Pep will walk(ish) the league

Latest