The Student Room Group

What to take to college on a daily bases? Stationary/Equipment

Hey everyone!

So i'm starting a Level 3 Animal Management Course in September and am starting to buy all the stationary etc. it said I would need including folders, notebooks etc.

I'm not sure how college works in terms of subject books, as of course in school we were given a book for every topic. Will it be necessary to buy notebooks for my separate classes? But if I have to bring a folder and several large notebooks I'm going to have to bring a pretty big bag and I just hate the look of big backpacks XD

I just wanted to know what exactly people put in their bag for college normally?
Original post by KairosityKilled
Hey everyone!

So i'm starting a Level 3 Animal Management Course in September and am starting to buy all the stationary etc. it said I would need including folders, notebooks etc.

I'm not sure how college works in terms of subject books, as of course in school we were given a book for every topic. Will it be necessary to buy notebooks for my separate classes? But if I have to bring a folder and several large notebooks I'm going to have to bring a pretty big bag and I just hate the look of big backpacks XD

I just wanted to know what exactly people put in their bag for college normally?

hi, thought i'd try to help you since no ones replied yet... i'm doing professional bakery btec in september :smile: I've also done a year of AS Levels too which were awful but anyway...

depending on the course you'll probably be given a reading list of any possible textbooks

in sixth form I took a ring binder but then it started getting annoying bc it got too full so take an A4 folder to put notes into and then transfer to ring binder when you get home (again i don't know how college btecs work so that'll be exciting i think its in units?

so DIVIDERS :biggrin: either plastic or card (card may be best since you can decorate or draw on them if thats your kind of thing)

MILLIONS OF PLASTIC WALLETS (the posh clear ones) don't know about the workload for btec yet but for as level i cried because i used about 4 - 5 packs by about christmas so hopefully it won't be that bad...

the normal stationery, pencil case, felt tips, gel pens, coloured pencils, pencils, pens, sharpeners, rubbers, 15cm ruler.
plus get a couple of packs of highlighters as these can be useful and you might find you'll be using them sometimes.

flashcards maybe useful but get the ring / clippy ones from wilkinsons because they're awesome (deffo pay a trip to wilkinsons)

get a academic planner / diary - your college may provide these but its useful if you have one for college events etc

notebooks / pads of paper

calculator? don't know but use your year 11 calculator you used for maths so that shouldn't be a problem

think thats it... good bag for carrying stuff in?

and that guy below don't know whats its called but its way useful to store stuff in at home :smile: may not be necessary to buy separate notebooks for each topic just use the same notebook, and separate into sections and organise ring binder folder at home properly into the divided sections by topic - you can write up notes then if they're messy (hopefully shouldn't be)

you may want to bring a rucksack (most people did at sixth form apart from the girls in my class who bought handbags which were tiny but they dropped out which was beside the point they wouldn't hold a file) most colleges recommend a bag big enough to at least fit an A4 folder into and a messenger bag can get heavy on your shoulder after a while
plus you may want to put extra stuff in your bag like your laptop/tablet, books, and gym kit/sports kit if you play for any college teams or intend to do gym etc so bear that in mind also :smile:

good luck
Thank you so much! Very helpful :biggrin: Really appreciate you taking the time to reply :3

Bakery sounds fun! Good luck :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KairosityKilled
Thank you so much! Very helpful :biggrin: Really appreciate you taking the time to reply :3

Bakery sounds fun! Good luck :wink:

no problem :smile: have fun!
ps. my college offers that course... we could be going to the same college... :biggrin:
Reply 4
Also if you drive and take your car to college you'll be one of the most popular people in your class aslong as you keep your 'lift prices' near to uber prices :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending