The Student Room Group

Gap year

I got 3 A's at A-level but didn't get an offer for medicine so I am looking to reapply. Is it worth reapplying with no A*'s or should I just do Biomed?
Reply 1
Be quick and ring Plymouth and St.Georges as they are in clearing for Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MCMXCVIII
I got 3 A's at A-level but didn't get an offer for medicine so I am looking to reapply. Is it worth reapplying with no A*'s or should I just do Biomed?

Ring St. George's - in Clearing for medicine.

The Clearing number for 5-year MBBS is +44 020 3608 0211.
Reply 3
Original post by Beska
Ring St. George's - in Clearing for medicine.

The Clearing number for 5-year MBBS is +44 020 3608 0211.

It doesnt go through. Dont know why

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesnt go through. Dont know why

Posted from TSR Mobile

Line busy when I try it. They're going to be busy. Keep tryin.g

Keep trying the SGUL and plymouth numbers you may be offered an interview and hence a place. If this fails then of course AAA is good enough for the universities which do not require A*s (which is the majority)! go for med!
Original post by Natalierm2707
Keep trying the SGUL and plymouth numbers you may be offered an interview and hence a place. If this fails then of course AAA is good enough for the universities which do not require A*s (which is the majority)! go for med!

Think Plymouth is international only.
Reply 7
Plymouth did have clearing spaces for home and international students a few days ago, it was posted on their facebook page. According to their website today however, only international places are available now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by kjfr
Plymouth did have clearing spaces for home and international students a few days ago, it was posted on their facebook page. According to their website today however, only international places are available now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only for internationals since the original announcement I'm afraid!

(I just went back to check the Facebook post - definitely only for internationals)
Reply 9
Original post by Beska
Only for internationals since the original announcement I'm afraid!

(I just went back to check the Facebook post - definitely only for internationals)

Sorry my mistake!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending