The Student Room Group

Can I still apply for medicine?

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I got my AS grades yesterday and got an A in biology and a B in maths (I didn't take the AS in Chemistry due to the new A levels but am predicted an A at A level). Will I still be able to apply for medicine with these grades? Would universities accept me if I resat AS maths?

Thanks!
As long as you have AAA predictions, you stand as good a chance as any. Good luck.
Reply 2
Yes your grades are fine and that's not a problem. Resitting within the two years of doing A-levels is not a problem.

The most important thing is that the school predicts you AAA for your UCAS form which they should have no problem doing with your AS grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes :h:
Reply 4
Original post by JayAhm
Yes your grades are fine and that's not a problem. Resitting within the two years of doing A-levels is not a problem.

The most important thing is that the school predicts you AAA for your UCAS form which they should have no problem doing with your AS grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what if you got a C in maths?
Reply 5
Original post by te.lope
what if you got a C in maths?

At AS? As long as you're predicted an A on your UCAS form, shouldn't be a problem.

Some med school may look at AS grades but the majority will be concentrating on your predicted grades. Still worth double checking with the ones you want to apply to though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending