The Student Room Group

Getting Into University With These AS Grades

Hi, i ended up with DEEU for my AS grades in Computing, Maths, Physics and chemistry respectively. I plan to go university and do computer science but i think its unlikely for me to get any Uni offers. Lots of factors like intense extenuating circumstances led to these grades and i know that i can do very well. Im resisting my maths exams to bring my grades up and the others are the new linear A levels so the grades don't count. What are your tips on how to improve and will i get any uni offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaitrip
Hi, i ended up with DEEU for my AS grades in Computing, Maths, Physics and chemistry respectively. I plan to go university and do computer science but i think its unlikely for me to get any Uni offers. Lots of factors like intense extenuating circumstances led to these grades and i know that i can do very well. Im resisting my maths exams to bring my grades up and the others are the new linear A levels so the grades don't count. What are your tips on how to improve and will i get any uni offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To maximise your chances get working on your subjects over the rest of the summer and apply LATE - December at the earliest. Make sure you're on good terms with your referee and that you DEMONSTRATE improvement to your subject teachers when you get back to studying. That's the only way to ensure higher predictions (and that you're likely to hit higher predictions).

Also do your research about where you apply - there are some excellent universities for comp sci that don't ask for top grades (simply because their location or size means that they don't get many applications). Get a very long longlist of universities and contact them to talk about your application and your chances, see if you can get along to open days and visit days in the autumn or any outreach events and activities available. Know what you're applying for and what they're looking for in applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest