The Student Room Group

I think I may have angered a girl because I was friendly with another girl

I am not sure I have though, and I am not sure what I should do, if anything at all.

So basically, I went out and got drunk with friends yesterday, including two girls. One is part polish, and the other one is British (This is important since I will identify them throughout the story that way so I don't give out names).

So, when It started out I was talking to the polish girl and having a laugh, as you do. Then the British girl shows up and the polish girl goes off to get a drink a few minutes later. We start talking a lot and eventually her, me and another friend I went off to play pool for about an hour, while generally having a good laugh. The polish girl stayed sitting and was talking with the other guys who came along.

Eventually, we finish playing and go and sit down and start talking with the rest. Long story short, it ended in basically play fighting between me and her vs another guy, because this guy and her are "like brother and sister". It ended with her basically lying on me a bit, head on my shoulder, you know the deal

Anyway, I get up to leave and the polish girl shoots me a look that could kill when I say goodbye to the British girl, high fived her basically, no snogging. I say goodbye to everybody and leave.

Then I got home, and thanked everybody on the chat, to which the polish girl responded "Aaww thank you anon! How was british girl and you?". Obviously, I know what she is talking about, but I ask her to what she means anyway. She tells me she "cba to explain it".

So I think I pissed her off. I really like the British girl, I might ask her out at some point. At the same time though, I like the polish girl as a friend, although she has some wackiness that dissuaded me from dating her.

Thoughts guys?
Original post by Anonymous
I am not sure I have though, and I am not sure what I should do, if anything at all.

So basically, I went out and got drunk with friends yesterday, including two girls. One is part polish, and the other one is British (This is important since I will identify them throughout the story that way so I don't give out names).

So, when It started out I was talking to the polish girl and having a laugh, as you do. Then the British girl shows up and the polish girl goes off to get a drink a few minutes later. We start talking a lot and eventually her, me and another friend I went off to play pool for about an hour, while generally having a good laugh. The polish girl stayed sitting and was talking with the other guys who came along.

Eventually, we finish playing and go and sit down and start talking with the rest. Long story short, it ended in basically play fighting between me and her vs another guy, because this guy and her are "like brother and sister". It ended with her basically lying on me a bit, head on my shoulder, you know the deal

Anyway, I get up to leave and the polish girl shoots me a look that could kill when I say goodbye to the British girl, high fived her basically, no snogging. I say goodbye to everybody and leave.

Then I got home, and thanked everybody on the chat, to which the polish girl responded "Aaww thank you anon! How was british girl and you?". Obviously, I know what she is talking about, but I ask her to what she means anyway. She tells me she "cba to explain it".

So I think I pissed her off. I really like the British girl, I might ask her out at some point. At the same time though, I like the polish girl as a friend, although she has some wackiness that dissuaded me from dating her.

Thoughts guys?

If the polish girl is jealous/attention you can't help this, jealously is something you can't help, but honestly it's not your problem this is nothing to do with you guys, you and british girl can get into a relationship no problem, if she starts being horrible, just tell her to **** off, it's your relationship not her's she doesn't need to start being horrible because of jealously. Just tell the polish girl the truth, or just say we're alright if the situation is not the type where you can be honest about your feelings..
If she's jealous then that's her issue. You two aren't dating so she has no right to be jealous that you are talking to other girls
Reply 3
Original post by Pinkberry_y
If she's jealous then that's her issue. You two aren't dating so she has no right to be jealous that you are talking to other girls

I can't say I would blame her if she did, she knows I used to like her.
You've done well. You've displayed that you have options and are not clingy. The ball is in your court. Advantage to you.
Polish girl probably likes you. Like @RelucBeam says, you've done well to demonstrate your value. Your job to capitalize on either opportunity without being a muppet and playing with both girls feelings.

Perhaps have a one-to-one with Polish girl and ask her what she meant. If she reveals feelings, be honest with her.
Reply 6
That'll be difficult, because the polish girl has bipolar and I could **** **** up with her if I decline her. I really like her.
I think we're missing some information here. If you have no history w/ Polish girl other than she knows you used to like her then you don't owe her an explanation if you have now decided you like British girl. Give Polish girl more credit that she can handle emotions. I trust she is getting help from a doctor for her bipolar disorder. You have to live your own life and not under fear of what Polish girl may or may not do if you start liking someone else. If you've had a sexual relationship or even any kind of a physical relationship w/ Polish girl then (especially if it's been recent) you probably do need to talk with her.and let her know you value her friendship but that it won't be anything more than friends. If you find yourself asking British girl out and especially if things go farther and you were to actually get into a relationship with her then you could tell her about Polish girl's medical/mental health issue so she understands if something happens but hopefully Polish girl will control herself and her emotions. I think there are a fair number of people who are bipolar and learn to manage themselves and hopefully Polish girl is one of those. Good Luck to you.
Reply 8
Original post by Hopefully1
I think we're missing some information here. If you have no history w/ Polish girl other than she knows you used to like her then you don't owe her an explanation if you have now decided you like British girl. Give Polish girl more credit that she can handle emotions. I trust she is getting help from a doctor for her bipolar disorder. You have to live your own life and not under fear of what Polish girl may or may not do if you start liking someone else. If you've had a sexual relationship or even any kind of a physical relationship w/ Polish girl then (especially if it's been recent) you probably do need to talk with her.and let her know you value her friendship but that it won't be anything more than friends. If you find yourself asking British girl out and especially if things go farther and you were to actually get into a relationship with her then you could tell her about Polish girl's medical/mental health issue so she understands if something happens but hopefully Polish girl will control herself and her emotions. I think there are a fair number of people who are bipolar and learn to manage themselves and hopefully Polish girl is one of those. Good Luck to you.

I do have some history. We were very close up until about 3-4 months ago, when I started to kind of pull back since she told me that she wasn't getting it treated. Never anything physical, though, we never dated.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending