The Student Room Group

Why are grade boundaries so high? Gcses 2016

CAN Someone can explain to me why the GB'S HIGH THIS YEar, is it because people have scored huigh marks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mass_
CAN Someone can explain to me why the GB'S HIGH THIS YEar, is it because people have scored huigh marks?

It's like they don't want us to pass smh
Reply 2
Original post by Fatimabibi_
It's like they don't want us to pass smh

i get your vibe fatima :frown:
Reply 3
63 for an A* for OCR Gateway B Physics Paper 1, all the other years was max 53???? wtf?
Original post by AuroraU
63 for an A* for OCR Gateway B Physics Paper 1, all the other years was max 53???? wtf?

It wasn't even that easy too, smh.
Reply 5
edexcel maths : 170 /200 for an A* Wjec maths: 163/200, its like this education system wants us to get **** maths grades...
Original post by mass_

I actually had hope that I could get As in certain subjects but the grade boundaries confirm I won't... I didn't even find Maths that easy and it's 140 for an A, highest it's ever been smh.
Reply 7
Original post by romansholiday
I actually had hope that I could get As in certain subjects but the grade boundaries confirm I won't... I didn't even find Maths that easy and it's 140 for an A, highest it's ever been smh.

that sucs man ;( and yeah ive had an A* IN all unit exams ive done but thsi **** just gonna **** it up
Every year people say this. Perhaps you did better than expected, so don't worry until you get the actual grades. They don't just increase the grade boundaries for fun, they do it to make sure the same amount of people achieve the same grades each year.
Reply 9
Original post by HopelessMedic
Every year people say this. Perhaps you did better than expected, so don't worry until you get the actual grades. They don't just increase the grade boundaries for fun, they do it to make sure the same amount of people achieve the same grades each year.

lets hope this is the case fam x
Original post by mass_
lets hope this is the case fam x

You'll be fine, best of luck for tomorrow :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by HopelessMedic
You'll be fine, best of luck for tomorrow :smile:

thank you <3
Because some schools were putting Year 10's in for some of the GCSE's before the new Specification hit's.
140 for an A edexcel maths wen in the last 5 years the highest has been like 139 and this
I'm freaking out :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I'm freaking out :s-smilie:

i think the whole nation is, id like to say dont worry, but im *****ing it myself
Original post by mass_
i think the whole nation is, id like to say dont worry, but im *****ing it myself

I know everyone is, I was talking about me. 😑
GIVE ME THAT A grade PLEASE

140 MARKS flipping mug off.
Reply 18
Original post by mass_
edexcel maths : 170 /200 for an A* Wjec maths: 163/200, its like this education system wants us to get **** maths grades...

I know right! I did WJEC and for the past few years an A* has been about 143/200 - this year it's gone up by 20 marks!! I'm so mad
This is a bit scary... there's a few subjects (edexcel history for one) where low boundaries would be my friend, but no. I'm hoping for low wjec English ones, but I have no idea what they are because their website is so bad. And don't even get me started on science (ocr), I'm doomed 😭

Quick Reply

Latest