The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Scroll to see replies

20 UMS is insane!!

Brother:

AS Biology (Edexcel), needed 1 for an A, went up 2.

AS Chemistry (AQA), needed 5 for an A, went up 3.

Chem was never very likely, so fairly happy. Needs to work harder for A2!!!
Original post by cclaireb
So AQA have already remarked them all?

We've had everything back we put in to AQA to be re-marked by 19 August. Still waiting for most of those submitted this week.
Original post by Windies
10 raw

WOW! out of how many? In my english lit. it's out of 60 (two 30-mark essays) and mine went up from 54 to 56
Original post by itsConnor_
WOW! out of how many? In my english lit. it's out of 60 (two 30-mark essays) and mine went up from 54 to 56

Long ass exam
40 marker unseen poetry or prose (you pick one)

60 marker (Metaphysical poets 16th-17th century, Duffy 21st and Gatsby 20th)
you are given a random statement e.g. "It is when readers are exposed to matters regarding sexuality in literature that they are most engaged and challenged - To what extent do you agree with this statement?"

You then use 2-3 metaphysical poems, 2-3 Duffy and Gatsby whilst cross-referencing all of those in relation to the 4 AO's below.

AO1 is SPAG - 10
AO2 analysis of language, form and structure - 10
AO3 comparison and use of critics e.g. Sir Geoffrey Hill's criticism of Duffy - 20
AO4 modern and historical context awareness and influences - 20
Original post by Compost
We've had everything back we put in to AQA to be re-marked by 19 August. Still waiting for most of those submitted this week.

Okay gotcha, so hopefully my paper should be soon as I got mine in day after results...

Do you guys think the exam boards will keep re-marking over the weekend? Seems fair to me so as to meet the deadline of 31st August!
Original post by cclaireb
Okay gotcha, so hopefully my paper should be soon as I got mine in day after results...

Do you guys think the exam boards will keep re-marking over the weekend? Seems fair to me so as to meet the deadline of 31st August!

is this deadline for priority or non priority remarks?
Original post by Patrick2810

i send off a priority remark on results day and still haven't heard anything
i called AQA and they said its still in progress ):

31st August is the deadline my firm university has given to me for me to tell them the result of my remark, andI think it's the UCAS deadline?

I.e. They are only holding my place until then.
(edited 7 years ago)

Deadline for ordering priority re-marks was today.
Deadline for ordering other re-marks is 20 September.
Original post by QPRTeags
I'm only AS, I got C2 remarked and the paper went from a B to an A, making my grade A overall.

I am considering getting my S1 module remarked as I felt that it went so much better than the high c grade that I got, what are your opinions on that? My working out is a bit messy though
Do exam boards still review our exam papers over the weekend?
Reply 171
Original post by Windies
Missed A* by 5 UMS
175/200 total
I think 69 and 106 breakdown

Sent remark for U4 because for 30 marker my points weren't in mark scheme but more than valid and relevant to question.

Also sent Edexcel English Literature for which the marking was absolutely baffling and borderline insane.
Highest score was myself with 86/120 UMS in the whole year group... was getting A* all year.

I'm in the same situation. I got 86/120 UMS in the edexcel literature exam when I was getting beyond the A* all year. Fuming.
Sent off for a copy of my scripts on Tuesday for AQA and OCR. Recieved the OCR scripts next day haven't heard anything from AQA. Does anyone know how long it will take?
Original post by Windies
Finally - one of my remarks went up by TWENTY UMS.

What exam board is this?
Original post by Moss_Tran
Sent off for a copy of my scripts on Tuesday for AQA and OCR. Recieved the OCR scripts next day haven't heard anything from AQA. Does anyone know how long it will take?

They are posted to the school so there has to be someone there to open the post and deal with them.
Original post by romaiseb

They will still be working.
Original post by romaiseb

They will still be working.
Has anyone had anything from AQA today? Or should I just try and forget about it until Tuesday?
Original post by Windies
Edexcel

Which subject?
My math is just two UMS away from an A. Still wondering if i should send for a remark
Original post by Upthejunction
Has anyone had anything from AQA today? Or should I just try and forget about it until Tuesday?

It would be unlikely as it requires both AQA and then the exam officer to be working. Tuesday is probably the earliest you can hope to hear.

Quick Reply

Latest