The Student Room Group

Stop with the are 'my grades good enough for oxbridge' threads

It's getting annoying and the people who make these threads already know the answer so why ask the question, ok but seriously are my grades good enough for cambridge, I got 5A*s 4As 3Bs. Thank you. I wanted a way to ask this without sounding too cliche.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ihatehannah
It's getting annoying and the people who make these threads already know the answer so why ask the question, ok but seriously are my grades good enough for cambridge, I got 5A*s 4As 3Bs. Thank you. I wanted a way to ask this without sounding too cliche.

Yeah Cambridge care more about your AS, great results btw
Reply 2

Surely you like everyone else "already know the answer"...

They're fine, your AS-Levels are much more important though

Nope. You need 10A*s by the age of 8 or else they immediately reject your application.

Yes, pls stop.
Tbf I get why people who've just come out of GCSEs and have got a couple of Bs need reassuring that they're grades are good enough to realistically get a place at Oxford or Cambridge. I don't think they're (all) fishing for compliments.

Quick Reply

Latest