76 A*s, no less

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucofthewoods
Minimum grades for a g and t student?

Define "gifted and talented".
69A*s
Original post by _gcx

Well I don't know I've never got that label despite getting 9a*s yet a girl who got A'sand b's is defined as g and t at my school?
Reply 5
At my college I'm on the G&T programme with 1A* 8A's and 2B's and I have access to HE+ (Cambridge scheme) because of it. At the other local college, you need 5A*'s to be on their G&T scheme because it's a bigger college, it just depends where you go.

My college asks for a points average of 6.7 (A*=8 points, A=7 etc down to G=1, add all up and divide by no. of GCSEs you took) and my friend just missed out with 7A's and 4B's as she had an average of 6.65- my average is 6.91
Reply 6
Original post by Lucofthewoods
Minimum grades for a g and t student?

There isn't a minimum

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is no quantitative definition for gifted and talented. It's not about how many A*s you get. She may be defined as gifted and talented because she did something extraordinarily well in one of her subjects. Just getting a A*s doesn't mean you've done something groundbreaking.
Or it could be a tactic to try to bring someone up to do better.I'd say: don't sweat that label, just do your best. In the end, that label isn't going to get you into a career easier than doing and showing good work will.EDIT: I didn't realise it was actually a scheme that has certain benefits. If it is truly important to you, then ask your school about it.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's usually a GPA of 6.7.
Reply 9
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
There is no quantitative definition for gifted and talented. It's not about how many A*s you get. She may be defined as gifted and talented because she did something extraordinarily well in one of her subjects. Just getting a A*s doesn't mean you've done something groundbreaking.
Or it could be a tactic to try to bring someone up to do better.I'd say: don't sweat that label, just do your best. In the end, that label isn't going to get you into a career easier than doing and showing good work will.EDIT: I didn't realise it was actually a scheme that has certain benefits. If it is truly important to you, then ask your school about it.

I was G&T, there was no benefits

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am a so called "gifted and talented " student yet my GCSEs weren't 10 A*s. This label honestly doesn't mean you have get all A*'s. As long as you try your best you can't do anymore. I personally believe that GCSEs for example aren't true representations of your ability. What I'm trying to say is don't get hung up in needing certain grades to fulfil that title, just do your best.
Reply 11
Original post by libertygrace
I am a so called "gifted and talented " student yet my GCSEs weren't 10 A*s. This label honestly doesn't mean you have get all A*'s. As long as you try your best you can't do anymore. I personally believe that GCSEs for example aren't true representations of your ability. What I'm trying to say is don't get hung up in needing certain grades to fulfil that title, just do your best.

I got 1...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not a 'gifted and talented' student, but my grades are pretty good :frown:
Could someone give me a link that explains what a GT student is please? I can't seem to find anything
Reply 14
Original post by _gcx

Think these groups tend to be the top 5% in standardised tests
That's what it was in our school apparently
G&T in Maths... got an A*, highest mark in the year.

However I only got A*A*AAAAAABBC
Reply 16
Original post by BTAnonymous
G&T in Maths... got an A*, highest mark in the year.

However I only got A*A*AAAAAABBC

I was the same for maths, but I got A*ABBBBDE and a pass and merit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't even realise this sort of programme existed lol. Guess I'm not gifted or talented then :tongue:
most people are identified as g&t way before they take any exams, so there aren't any minimum grades. you can be g&t and get **** grades, and not g&t and get amazing grades
I was labelled Gifted & Talented back in primary because I showed unusual talent for my age in English, yet now it's the only subject I didn't manage an A* in. It's just a way for schools to identify kids who might need extra support because they're especially good at something rather than bad. Don't sweat it, you don't get any benefits for it and the system's outdated anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest