The Student Room Group

Only 4 GCSE passes

I had the exact problem I got 4 GCSEs yesterday and I thought that was it for me I got two Bs in English language and RE/RS and 2 Cs in ICT and science the rest were all Ds my school told me I need 5 GCSEs to get into sixth form but due to my high mark in English and RE I was given a place in my sixth form after being turned down originally, so now in my a levels I'm doing Law, media, sociology and maths retake ( as I failed maths ). and if this happens to anyone else don't feel defeated if you get good grades with the 4 you pass don't feel defeated talk to your enrolment teachers and they will help you and more than likely offer you a place. PS they say you need 5 GCSEs but you can get in with 4 as long as you pass English language or maths but yesterday was such a tough day for me but I was so happy to be allowed in to my sixth form due to my English mark.
Original post by Reecebateman
I had the exact problem I got 4 GCSEs yesterday and I thought that was it for me I got two Bs in English language and RE/RS and 2 Cs in ICT and science the rest were all Ds my school told me I need 5 GCSEs to get into sixth form but due to my high mark in English and RE I was given a place in my sixth form after being turned down originally, so now in my a levels I'm doing Law, media, sociology and maths retake ( as I failed maths ). and if this happens to anyone else don't feel defeated if you get good grades with the 4 you pass don't feel defeated talk to your enrolment teachers and they will help you and more than likely offer you a place. PS they say you need 5 GCSEs but you can get in with 4 as long as you pass English language or maths but yesterday was such a tough day for me but I was so happy to be allowed in to my sixth form due to my English mark.

I am sorry to hear that you did not get the grades you expected. However, I am also very happy to hear that they allowed you to enrol for your sixth form. You are totally correct that you should not let some letters defeat you. Thins are possible but it depends on how much your want them and how hard you work for them. Good luck with your A levels!
Original post by Sgt.Golden
I am sorry to hear that you did not get the grades you expected. However, I am also very happy to hear that they allowed you to enrol for your sixth form. You are totally correct that you should not let some letters defeat you. Thins are possible but it depends on how much your want them and how hard you work for them. Good luck with your A levels!

Cheers mate really happy I got into sixth form and yeah exactly you can do so much more without getting the 5 A* to Cs
Reply 3
Original post by Reecebateman
Cheers mate really happy I got into sixth form and yeah exactly you can do so much more without getting the 5 A* to Cs

Good luck for this year. Work hard and make those gcse grades irrelevant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest