The Student Room Group

Best places to go abroad with a UK MBBS degree?

I would like to know more about my options working as a doctor. I'll be very grateful if anyone can share their experiences including difficulties/ external exams and number of placements to undertake, to go on this path. Thank you.

FYI: I no longer want to work in the UK due to personal reasons but working in medicine is like to a dream to me so I would like to continue this career. If you're a medical student, any good suggestions to work at?
Reply 1
Original post by Rep King
I would like to know more about my options working as a doctor. I'll be very grateful if anyone can share their experiences including difficulties/ external exams and number of placements to undertake, to go on this path. Thank you.

FYI: I no longer want to work in the UK due to personal reasons but working in medicine is like to a dream to me so I would like to continue this career. If you're a medical student, any good suggestions to work at?

Very commonly people go to Australia/NZ. Less commonly Canada. Least common is probably the USA because of the USMLE exam - if you're considering the USA you need to think about sitting at least part of this exam during medical school (usually around finals I think!).
Reply 2
Original post by Beska
Very commonly people go to Australia/NZ. Less commonly Canada. Least common is probably the USA because of the USMLE exam - if you're considering the USA you need to think about sitting at least part of this exam during medical school (usually around finals I think!).

Thank you so much for your comment! You seem to know quite a lot about this. Do you know if Australia/NA will require further examinations + residency ? Can I just work in Australia/NZ with a UK MBBS degree? Are you planning to work in the NHS? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending