The Student Room Group

Business and Management Degree

Hi Guys,

What sort of jobs should I be looking for with my Business and Management Degree??

All the jobs offers seem to have high expectations such as 5 years experience etc which ofc I don't have.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Original post by Cokediet
Hi Guys,

What sort of jobs should I be looking for with my Business and Management Degree??

All the jobs offers seem to have high expectations such as 5 years experience etc which ofc I don't have.

You need to look for work experience, internship or volunteer, as you may understand, employment market is fierce in the graduate world.

Don't be disillusioned like most graduates out there, thinking you can just get a job without experience and expect to earn 100k a year. You have to think outside of your comfort zone, make new challenges for yourself. You will benefit from this in the long term. Basically you have to get out there to gain that experience rather than experience comes to you. That motto from your teacher at school - 'No one will come knocking at your door offering your dream job.' Which is very true in this day and age.

Good luck with your job search.
Original post by Cokediet
Hi Guys,

Jobs aimed at graduates won't specify 5 years experience however they will expect some real world experience- this can come from formal internships or more informal work experience placements, volunteering and extra curricular activities. It's up to you to determine what sector you want to work in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending