The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blksheep
Yes sure, could you outline the characteristics of someone who is considered the "Goldman fit".

- extremely 'collaborative' (teamwork is huge at GS)
- not afraid of stepping up and getting rinsed, a clear leader
- fiercely competitive towards everyone outside of the 'firm' but collaborative towards those within the firm
- almost a bit of a nonchalance vibe to them, evidence of humility and non-boastfulness
- thoroughly committed towards clients
- high performance (bottom 10% of GS in some divisions get fired every year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bobb99998
why do they say opened like 15/25 aug tho?

No idea, but on their portal it's not up yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 702
Read "Goldman Sachs: The Culture of Sucess" it's a good read.
Reply 703
Which ones have people applied to? Seems like a lot haven't opened yet :/
Reply 704
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Can't stress the 'don't apply to GS until late as applications are non-rolling'
Got into 2 finance related roles literally 2 weeks after applying and completely changed the format of my CV to a much better one.

If you're referring to getting some sort of role in a university club, I wouldn't worry too much about leaving that out. It does not carry much value. Most uni clubs are utter ********.

The CV format, however, is an important one! If you have just followed a standard template given by M&I or WSO you should be fine imo and have some result oriented bullet points.
Original post by RWiz
Read "Goldman Sachs: The Culture of Sucess" it's a good read.

same
so the ones that are open right now are:
Goldman
JPMorgan
Credit Suisse
any others?
ICAP?
so the ones that are open right now are:
Goldman
JPMorgan
Credit Suisse
any others?
ICAP?

HSBC, Nomura, BR, UBS

*Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman
HSBC, Nomura, BR, UBS

*Posted from TSR Mobile

Where do you happy for nomura - do you have the link for the portal?
Where do you happy for nomura - do you have the link for the portal?

Google Nomura careers europe --> students --> scroll down and press apply --> tweak the search for the insight programmes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, I'm currently going to enter my first year as an undergrad degree on a 4 year sandwhich degree. But I'm pretty sure that I want to transfer after my first year to another uni onto a three yr course (so I'll be joining second year of a three year degree at this uni)..

Pretty much all of these banks state that if you're on a 4 year course then you apply in your second year. But I'm planning on transferring so I won't be eligible to do it at the other uni cause I'll be on a 3 year course.. I hope I'm making sense rn
But yh I'm stuck as to what I do??
Original post by queenofdarkness
Guys, I'm currently going to enter my first year as an undergrad degree on a 4 year sandwhich degree. But I'm pretty sure that I want to transfer after my first year to another uni onto a three yr course (so I'll be joining second year of a three year degree at this uni)..

Pretty much all of these banks state that if you're on a 4 year course then you apply in your second year. But I'm planning on transferring so I won't be eligible to do it at the other uni cause I'll be on a 3 year course.. I hope I'm making sense rn
But yh I'm stuck as to what I do??

The sandwich course is optional anyway, so if you want to apply this year - apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 713
What is BR?
Reply 714
HSBC, Nomura, BR, UBS

*Posted from TSR Mobile

What is BR
Original post by flairs
What is BR

blackrock

Posted from TSR Mobile
can you apply for the barclays / hsbc summer as well as spring? Not sure if this was answered
Original post by tazza ma razza
can you apply for the barclays / hsbc summer as well as spring? Not sure if this was answered

hsbc has a first yr summer you apply to, as does bny mellon

barclays is only if you're a member of SEO and get picked for, do and excel at their spring week. normally 5-10 or so folks picked for the first yr scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Google Nomura careers europe --> students --> scroll down and press apply --> tweak the search for the insight programmes

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?owner=5035895&ownertype=fair&posting_code=318

yes?

you say tweak the search for insight programs which options did you press I can only see intern NOT insight
hsbc has a first yr summer you apply to, as does bny mellon

barclays is only if you're a member of SEO and get picked for, do and excel at their spring week. normally 5-10 or so folks picked for the first yr scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha yh man i knew about bny, wanted to keep that on the dl cos several of our mates got that :') i'll pm you a few links today or tomorrow btw re 1st yr SA

So is the barclays one general seo member or for the fast track members only?

Latest

Trending

Trending