The Student Room Group

7 page long personal statement...how?!

The max words allowed for a personal statement is 4000 words, which is roughly 7 pages. Has anyone actually managed to write 7 pages?? I'm struggling with my personal statement and how to fill up those pages .
Original post by jasmine321
The max words allowed for a personal statement is 4000 words, which is roughly 7 pages. Has anyone actually managed to write 7 pages?? I'm struggling with my personal statement and how to fill up those pages .

no it's 4,000 CHARACTERS not 4,000 WORDS
So since it's including spaces your personal statement should be less than one page.

Goodluck!!
As above. You're more likely to fill up the 47 lines limit first though.
Reply 3
THANKS EVERYONE! I was so confused :colondollar:

4000 characters, not words and a 47 line limit, whichever comes first. How long is it right now (measure this off UCAS itself, other counters dont necessarily match up)?
Reply 5
Original post by an_atheist
4000 characters, not words and a 47 line limit, whichever comes first. How long is it right now (measure this off UCAS itself, other counters dont necessarily match up)?

Half a page, btw do you talk about ONE subject in particular throughout the statement? for example why you want to do law so much.

Omg, don't worryyy, I freaked out about this toooo and nearly had a panic attack before I asked my friend :bawling:
Original post by A-LJLB
As above. You're more likely to fill up the 47 lines limit first though.

Half a page, btw do you talk about ONE subject in particular throughout the statement? for example why you want to do law so much.

Yes you should focus on explaining your interest in the course you are applying for. Look at the PS builder tool linked in my signature below for more help. Realistically with line spaces between paragraphs (highly recommended) your PS should be aboit 3200-3600 characters

I meant in characters, but judging from mine that would be around 2500.
You talk about why want to do your course, possibly some areas of specific interest and yourself a little bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending