The Student Room Group

Are my subjects too soft for Uni?

I originally took Maths, Economics, Philosophy & English Lit but I'm gonna drop English because I really don't find it interesting enough to get through two years of it :frown: tho I'm worried that now I'll only have one facilitating subject rather than two. Are Philosophy and Economics good enough for Uni?

I'm thinking of either taking just an Economics course or a joint honours of Philosophy & Economics at Uni.
Reply 1
Original post by Westalla
I originally took Maths, Economics, Philosophy & English Lit but I'm gonna drop English because I really don't find it interesting enough to get through two years of it :frown: tho I'm worried that now I'll only have one facilitating subject rather than two. Are Philosophy and Economics good enough for Uni?

I'm thinking of either taking just an Economics course or a joint honours of Philosophy & Economics at Uni.

Lemme get this straight. You're taking Maths and Economics for A-level, and you're worried that you won't get put on an Economics course (granted that you get good grades)? Hmm.... I'll let you figure this one out for yourself.

It's probably absolutely fine. Economics and Philosophy are technically not facilitating but both are still perfectly respectable.
Reply 3

Those are very strong subjects :h:. I wish i took those subjects, i took business, economics and law. I don't think i could have a worse choice of A levels, they're all so weak except economics and they hate it combined with business :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest