The Student Room Group

What do you do when your parents argue?

post removed
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Depends on your relationship with them. I suspect they wont listen to you or about the effect. If they dont care then I wouldnt bother trying. In that case id be focusing on my work ro make sire I escaped to uni and left them to it. Dont ask and keep your head down unless theres violence or lots of crting. Alos protect your sibling if you have any. Beyond that headphones and shut the door.
Reply 2
Partner with the one who is in the right over the topic they're arguing about
Get my fap on.
I laugh, but not at their faces
I scream, cry and intervene, (because they usually hit each other)...
Even though I'm the one who ends up getting hurt, but as long my parents are okay. :redface:
I just burst into the room and say "Look you guys, I know I'm a dick sometimes but you can't abort a 26 year old!!!".
(edited 7 years ago)
I just tend to not get involved, as you grow up you realise they're humans and they're not always going to get on but for their own reasons they're still together. I'll just go to my room or go on my phone
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I scream, cry and intervene, (because they usually hit each other)...
Even though I'm the one who ends up getting hurt, but as long my parents are okay. :redface:

That is painful to read, do you have any siblings you can talk to?
Original post by Pinkberry_y
That is painful to read, do you have any siblings you can talk to?

Yupp, that's my life for ya :smile: I still try to keep my chin up. My mum often stops communication with my dad, and I'm like the messenger in between them. :s-smilie: But oh well, I try to keep the peace :biggrin: Nope, I had one older brother but he ain't a brother to me, he ain't really bothered whether I live or die. :colone:
Yupp, that's my life for ya :smile: I still try to keep my chin up. My mum often stops communication with my dad, and I'm like the messenger in between them. :s-smilie: But oh well, I try to keep the peace :biggrin: Nope, I had one older brother but he ain't a brother to me, he ain't really bothered whether I live or die. :colone:

It's none of my business but have they ever considered divorcing? You just keep looking forward to the day where you can move out and go to uni, to start the rest of your life. Use that as motivation to ace your grades
not my parents as i dont have a dad anymore but my mum and brother usually fight a lot, i'd want to intervene and stop them but i learned that it better if i leave them alone, thankfully their fights are never physical so i let them fight it out and cool off after, but theres been days where i just cry non stop because of it :colonhash:
Leave them to it. It used to bother me when I was younger but now I realise they have been married longer than I have been alive so they must know what they're doing
Original post by Pinkberry_y
It's none of my business but have they ever considered divorcing? You just keep looking forward to the day where you can move out and go to uni, to start the rest of your life. Use that as motivation to ace your grades

Nope, i fear my mum has a bipolar disorder but yeah my dad can deal with it okay. I always look forward to that day! & I will do :smile:
When I was a kid I threw things at my da. And then he threw me lmao.
Original post by 0to100
When I was a kid I threw things at my da. And then he threw me lmao.

LOL but that must'a hurt bruv :s-smilie:
LOL but that must'a hurt bruv :s-smilie:

Yes..it's not actually funny. But he's gone now :biggrin:
Sounds exactly like my parents and me. It exhausts me and I block them out, but deep down, I know it hurts/annoys me. They argue a lot, so I am used to it now
Headphones. :sigh:
Nothing really.. just watch TV and close doors. I step in if I have to or try to defuse the situation but can't do that all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending