The Student Room Group

Someone I hate going to the same uni as me

So yesterday I found out that a lad from my old sixth form that I hate to the core is coming the same uni as me (we're studying similar courses but in different campuses, thank God). I've got my reasons for hating him so much but he's exactly the sort of negative influence that's made me apply for a uni far from home in the first place.. what's the chances of me bumping into him?
Unless you're at a tiny university or you have common interests, quite small.

You'll have the chance to start afresh and make all-new enemies.
Reply 2
Original post by Walt_14
So yesterday I found out that a lad from my old sixth form that I hate to the core is coming the same uni as me (we're studying similar courses but in different campuses, thank God). I've got my reasons for hating him so much but he's exactly the sort of negative influence that's made me apply for a uni far from home in the first place.. what's the chances of me bumping into him?

Depends on how big the university is that you're applying to.

Don't worry about it - going to the same university does not guarantee that you'll even be in the same building as him, unless you're also doing the same degree.
Reply 3
Original post by m_james
Depends on how big the university is that you're applying to.

Don't worry about it - going to the same university does not guarantee that you'll even be in the same building as him, unless you're also doing the same degree.

Well, yeah, I've already mentioned that we won't be in the same building (praise the ****ing Lord).

It's a medium-sized uni. Far from Cambridge but not miscroscopic by any means.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Walt_14

I would say small, especially if you are on separate courses and you live in separate halls.

If he did semthing like bully yo and does anything untoward, then just report it and they will take it very seriously. He wouldnt be stupid enough to do that. You will get your own friends, so dont worry. Just ignore him otherwise.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
I would say small, especially if you are on separate courses and you live in separate halls.

If he did semthing like bully yo and does anything untoward, then just report it and they will take it very seriously. He wouldnt be stupid enough to do that. You will get your own friends, so dont worry. Just ignore him otherwise.

Nah, it ain't like that. He's no bully. He's just one of the people who tied me down with their negativity last year. I also got to know that he told a complete stranger on Facebook (who also happens to be a total perv) deep things about me as a person but I obviously can't talk about that on here.
Original post by Walt_14
Nah, it ain't like that. He's no bully. He's just one of the people who tied me down with their negativity last year. I also got to know that he told a complete stranger on Facebook (who also happens to be a total perv) deep things about me as a person but I obviously can't talk about that on here.

In which case you wouldnt be in fear of him and you are unlikely ever to see him.
If you do just blank him. You cna easily look him up on the intranet so if you find he has said anything or done anything report him and he will have to explain himself. You wll be fine. Dont fret.

On the odd occasion you might see him in the bar or cafeteria, just pretend you dont see him and ignore/ walk past.
Reply 7
In which case you wouldnt be in fear of him and you are unlikely ever to see him.
If you do just blank him. You cna easily look him up on the intranet so if you find he has said anything or done anything report him and he will have to explain himself. You wll be fine. Dont fret.

On the odd occasion you might see him in the bar or cafeteria, just pretend you dont see him and ignore/ walk past.

I can only pray that I never see the **** again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Walt_14
I can only pray that I never see the **** again.

Wrong approach imo.

I would be thinking if I do see him again it wont be a big deal and i wont waste time letting him spoil my uni experience.
Reply 9
Wrong approach imo.

I would be thinking if I do see him again it wont be a big deal and i wont waste time letting him spoil my uni experience.

Nah, the type of mentality he has sets me way back and seeing his face will only serve as a reminder as to how awkward and creepy I am (as he so aptly described me). I don't want my pre-existing fears about settling in and making friends bolstered by someone like him.
Original post by Walt_14
Nah, the type of mentality he has sets me way back and seeing his face will only serve as a reminder as to how awkward and creepy I am (as he so aptly described me). I don't want my pre-existing fears about settling in and making friends bolstered by someone like him.

Will leave you to him, but you could end up wasting more time on him than hes worth.
you're unlikely to see him much and if you do see him it will be running into him on the street and you can just say you have to go and leave, you don't need to talk to him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending