The Student Room Group

Can I put 2 personal statements on UCAS?

I'm in A2 now, and at college we're preparing UCAS to apply for 2017 entry courses. I wish to apply for 3 maths courses and 2 chemical engineering (as a backup). Over summer, I completed two personal statements (one tailored to maths, the other to chem eng) as my tutor at college said I would be able to add 2 statements to UCAS as I am applying for 2 different types of degree.
However, today I have been told I can only put one statement on UCAS. This won't really make a difference for chem eng, as the maths skills are essential for this course anyway. But it does mean that lots of space in my statement will be talking about chemistry, but this will be read by maths admission tutors.

Can you actually only add one PS to UCAS, or is this a rule college has made to make things run more smoothly?
You can only add one PS on UKAS. Not the most convenient for students applying for wide ranged courses but it is what it is. Good luck on your applications.
Original post by jasonrose98
I'm in A2 now, and at college we're preparing UCAS to apply for 2017 entry courses. I wish to apply for 3 maths courses and 2 chemical engineering (as a backup). Over summer, I completed two personal statements (one tailored to maths, the other to chem eng) as my tutor at college said I would be able to add 2 statements to UCAS as I am applying for 2 different types of degree.
However, today I have been told I can only put one statement on UCAS. This won't really make a difference for chem eng, as the maths skills are essential for this course anyway. But it does mean that lots of space in my statement will be talking about chemistry, but this will be read by maths admission tutors.

Can you actually only add one PS to UCAS, or is this a rule college has made to make things run more smoothly?

You can only have one personal statement and it is a very bad idea to apply to two different courses - and yes, chemical engineering and maths are very different. If it looks like you're applying to two different courses (or even worse, if your personal statement is clearly targeted at one course and you're sending it to another 'as a backup'), it's going to set off alarm bells and you're probably going to find yourself with a bunch of rejections.
Just choose which course you want to do.

You say chemical engineering is a 'back up' but I'd argue maths is easier to get into than engineering. So if you want to do maths, just apply to 5 universities with Maths.

Basically you're going to need to make a decision about what course you want to do, you can't sit on the fence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending