The Student Room Group

English PS advice

I want to apply for a ba in English. Can I submit a portfolio of my poems and other articles along with my ucas app?
I don't think so unless asked. An English degree is academic and isn't a creative writing degree so make sure you don't confuse the two.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
I don't think so unless asked. An English degree is academic and isn't a creative writing degree so make sure you don't confuse the two.

Ma'am, what do you think I should include in the paragraph where I talk about my awards and achievements in my personal statement? I have included my awards in essay writing competitions, poetry competitions, internships at magazines etc. Do you think that will do?
Original post by miri99
Ma'am, what do you think I should include in the paragraph where I talk about my awards and achievements in my personal statement? I have included my awards in essay writing competitions, poetry competitions, internships at magazines etc. Do you think that will do?

This isn't really something you need to include at all. Your referee can talk about it if it's really important to you but it isn't really relevant to a degree in English. You need to talk about your academic interest in the subject and why you want to study it at uni. Try our PS builder tool. We also offer a free PS review service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending