The Student Room Group

goodreads on personal statement?

Hi
I am planning on doing an English Lit degree and for my personal statement , could I put writing goodreads reviews?
Original post by Pandasarecute65
Hi
I am planning on doing an English Lit degree and for my personal statement , could I put writing goodreads reviews?

You could, but I don't think it's the best use of your characters. Instead, choose 2-3 texts and discuss them in detail in your PS. Analyse, reflect.

When you have a final draft feel free to use the PS Review Service here on :tsr: to get an impartial opinion on your PS. :smile:

Details here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237154
Original post by 04MR17
You could, but I don't think it's the best use of your characters. Instead, choose 2-3 texts and discuss them in detail in your PS. Analyse, reflect.

When you have a final draft feel free to use the PS Review Service here on :tsr: to get an impartial opinion on your PS. :smile:

Details here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4237154

thank you! I really dont know where to start and what types of books to mention. I read a lot of classics, fantasy and mysteries but which ones would be suitable for my PS and I dont really know what else to include? Do you have any advice on that?
Original post by Pandasarecute65
thank you! I really dont know where to start and what types of books to mention. I read a lot of classics, fantasy and mysteries but which ones would be suitable for my PS and I dont really know what else to include? Do you have any advice on that?
Pick texts that link to each other, so that you can compare. What does author A do that goes beyond what author B achieved in text B?

How does author C develop the genre from where it had been with author B?

You see where I'm going?
Original post by 04MR17
Pick texts that link to each other, so that you can compare. What does author A do that goes beyond what author B achieved in text B?

How does author C develop the genre from where it had been with author B?

You see where I'm going?

yes thank you! I was finding it really confusing how to add them in but this helps a lot! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending