The Student Room Group

I got the best job offer ever but I'd have to move to Aberdeen for it

After finishing Man uni, I stayed there and was getting boring jobs which I didnt even like. So now I got this job offer in Aberdeen, and the job is super great. Best thing is, if I want I can work from home most days + plus its on a commission fee which I really like.
But all my friends and everything are in Man/Lpool, I dont wanna move to a new cit. Not to mention ill have to get a loan for a place in Aberdeen
Original post by RosesAreRed1
After finishing Man uni, I stayed there and was getting boring jobs which I didnt even like. So now I got this job offer in Aberdeen, and the job is super great. Best thing is, if I want I can work from home most days + plus its on a commission fee which I really like.
But all my friends and everything are in Man/Lpool, I dont wanna move to a new cit. Not to mention ill have to get a loan for a place in Aberdeen

You could always make new friends, if the job has a good salary, i think it would be worth the sacrifice, you could always go back to visit them. Maybe its worth the loan, if you will get a job you could quickly pay it off, for all you know such good job offer might not come around again or soon, so i would take it because when you will need money there might not be a job offer. But its your choice i guess, i would personally take the offer, a job is better then no job, at least you might enjoy the new experience and adventure of living in a new city you could always do it for a year and then get a different job after.
Imo move.
If the job looks really good to you, I'd say go for it!

You will meet new people at your job to make friends with. Join in a house share to have housemates a similar age to you as well.

I moved to Oxford for a job and lived there for 2 years. I didn't know anyone before I moved and I came to make some really great friends and get such a fondness for the city. Plus, if all your friends are in other cities it will give you nice weekend trips back home!

However, you do need to consider costs of moving and if you can really afford it to start off with.

You might want to take a look at this advice piece to help you

5 strategies for stress free relocation: http://advice.milkround.com/5-strategies-for-stress-free-relocation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending