The Student Room Group

Do you actually believe in banning Muslims from entering the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Yep and send the ones here back to where they came from :wink:
Original post by _gcx
How would you determine one to be a "religious fanatic"?

A person who justify anything they do with their religion and they would "cherry bit" parts of the religious scriptures around their own personal beliefs. Generally, religious fanatics, disrupt public places to 'educate' people about their beliefs. Examples which include the Westboro Baptist Church display their "God hates ****" posters in public places. Religious fanatics generally condemn one's belief and this is an obvious way to figure out they are an religious fanatic.
Original post by Defraction
A person who justify anything they do with their religion and they would "cherry bit" parts of the religious scriptures around their own personal beliefs. Generally, religious fanatics, disrupt public places to 'educate' people about their beliefs. Examples which include the Westboro Baptist Church display their "God hates ****" posters in public places. Religious fanatics generally condemn one's belief and this is an obvious way to figure out they are an religious fanatic.

How would you deduce that at the border though?
We should really get rid of the people that want to ban them
Original post by _gcx
How would you deduce that at the border though?

Tbh, it's very difficult to notice one's true colour at the border. You realise how they are truly like in the country because they would want to indoctrinate their beliefs onto other people. So, when that does happen, we kick them out.
Tbh, it's very difficult to notice one's true colour at the border. You realise how they are truly like in the country because they would want to indoctrinate their beliefs onto other people. So, when that does happen, we kick them out.

What about people who hold those extremist beliefs, who are not immigrants? Would you extend it to them too? If so, when would that end?
Original post by _gcx
No. That is absolutely ridiculous.

What method would you propose for identifying Islamic individuals? (my point is, there are none)

Original post by _gcx
No. That is absolutely ridiculous.

What method would you propose for identifying Islamic individuals? (my point is, there are none)

Well there are Islamic names. Those will filter off a lot of Muslims. Then there is the bacon/non-halal meat test. Then there is the 'denounce the Prophet' test, then there is the visual test (do they look Arab, south Asian?
Original post by _gcx
What about people who hold those extremist beliefs, who are not immigrants? Would you extend it to them too? If so, when would that end?

It should be implemented to everyone because it's the sheer fact that these extremist views they behold goes against the basic fundamental of democracy that "Respect for the equality of all persons" which clearly goes against the respect and equality of one's self. If this does happen, reconciliation will be the punishment of everyone and if this doesn't work, they will no longer be allowed to live in the UK.
Original post by Someboady
The results are just shocking... I can't believe there are so many people who would shun an entire community based on bigotry :/

It is 50 50 as I write this, and I expect it to tilt heavily no, in time.

But TSR is a pretty liberal, lefty sample, (with a lot of Muslims to boot) very unrepresentative of the nation as a whole.

If this were a national poll I think you would be even more shocked at the hostility and "bigotry" towards Muslims that it demonstrated.
Original post by biglad2k16
Well there are Islamic names. Those will filter off a lot of Muslims. Then there is the bacon/non-halal meat test. Then there is the 'denounce the Prophet' test, then there is the visual test (do they look Arab, south Asian?

What about people who are from South Asia, have Islamic names as a result, but who are not Muslims?

People would lie, too, to get into the country. You can't rely on a system like that.
It should be implemented to everyone because it's the sheer fact that these extremist views they behold goes against the basic fundamental of democracy that "Respect for the equality of all persons" which clearly goes against the respect and equality of one's self. If this does happen, reconciliation will be the punishment of everyone and if this doesn't work, they will no longer be allowed to live in the UK.

But isn't that censorship? By censoring views that we disagree with, we are denying ourselves the opportunity to question our own beliefs, which is absolutely essential. If we apply that to all views that the majority disagree with, then we will live in a world where our views aren't challenged, and we'd be stuck in a bubble of ignorance. I am, of course, implying that these extremists views do not escalate to physical violence.
Original post by _gcx
What about people who are from South Asia, have Islamic names as a result, but who are not Muslims?

People would lie, too, to get into the country. You can't rely on a system like that.

I was joking mate, I don't really believe the Muslim ban
Yes, there have been so many Islamic terror atatcks recently and we can't possibly believe that letting in more Muslims is going to prevent Isalmic terrorism. Muslims are great people overall but we do need to do something about Islamic terrorism.

christ at least most muslims can speak english properly
Reply 33
I wouldn't ban them but we can change things like monitor people who speak at mosques and banning the face mask.
I was joking mate, I don't really believe the Muslim ban

Ok. My comments still stand to those who exhibit similar beliefs to the ones that you were simulating.

Spoiler

Original post by frankielogue
christ at least most muslims can speak english properly

So can I.
So can I.

barely, considering your horrific spelling.
Original post by sdotd
I wouldn't ban them but we can change things like monitor people who speak at mosques and banning the face mask.

Why?
Original post by sleepysnooze
maybe when islam and the middle east go through a civilisational enlightenment, then sure, *then* they can come. but now? no. we've tried it and it hasn't gone well. europe is pretty much a cultural suicide bomb. we are drowning ourselves by drenching ourselves in unashamed multiculturalist nonsense. islam is just cultural pollution. when you have to have countries funding classes for muslim migrants to be taught to *not* rape women, what else do you need to know? almost 100% of western muslims are homophobes as well, and a hell of a lot are anti-semitic. so no, they are not culturally appropriate in this part of the world which we've spend hundreds of years socially developing. if you think this is "racism" you have no idea what that word even means. I am not willing to accept muslims of *any* race after all that's happened, be they black, brown, asian, hispanic, indian or ginger. I am technically accepting of "liberal muslims", but that term in my opinion is just an oxymoron. if you're liberal (in the classical philosophical sense), you are not a muslim.

What has not gone well about having Muslims in the UK?
Original post by _gcx
But isn't that censorship? By censoring views that we disagree with, we are denying ourselves the opportunity to question our own beliefs, which is absolutely essential. If we apply that to all views that the majority disagree with, then we will live in a world where our views aren't challenged, and we'd be stuck in a bubble of ignorance. I am, of course, implying that these extremists views do not escalate to physical violence.

This isn't censorship because these views are a clear threat and it is a way of the authorities of dealing these threats so I would rather call it justice. You are rather using my justification objectively to everything when I was only using it to those regards. So, let's just clarify, democracy's clear fundamentals is equality, freedom and liberty which helps stability.These extremist views disrupt one's freedom as they try to inject their belief's onto someone else in order to show everyone that they are right which clearly also disrupts liberty and equality thus undermining stability. These extremist views escalate to verbal violence thus we clearly must do something about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending