The Student Room Group

HELP! Which college for MML?

Hi!
I'm applying to Cambridge for MML (French and Spanish post-A Level) and I want to send off my UCAS today but I just can't decide which college to apply to!
It's between Queens', Sidney Sussex, St Catharine's & Magdalene (I think?!)
The things that put me off each:
- Queens' - it recommends MMLers take a gap year and I'm not so will I be at a disadvantage?
- Sidney Sussex - the stats aren't as good as others and not many get pooled to others (too paranoid?!)
- St Catharine's - one of the interviews is a general language interview and I don't know if I'd interview well in that
- Magdalene - I haven't visited and I've heard it's quite public school heavy?

Any recommendations welcome!
Reply 1
Original post by Frenchspanish101
Hi!
I'm applying to Cambridge for MML (French and Spanish post-A Level) and I want to send off my UCAS today but I just can't decide which college to apply to!
- Queens' - it recommends MMLers take a gap year and I'm not so will I be at a disadvantage?
- Sidney Sussex - the stats aren't as good as others and not many get pooled to others (too paranoid?!)
- St Catharine's - one of the interviews is a general language interview and I don't know if I'd interview well in that

Don't worry about admissions stats.

And Queens' says this regarding MML: Candidates choosing not to take a gap year are in no way at a disadvantage in the application process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
@jneill thanks for your advice!

I read that about Queens' but was concerned that I'd be with people who had all taken gap years and were thus a year older and possibly better linguists?
Reply 3
@jneill thanks for your advice!

I read that about Queens' but was concerned that I'd be with people who had all taken gap years and were thus a year older and possibly better linguists?

Take their comment on face value. They don't say things like that unless they mean it - otherwise it wastes their time, and yours. Don't worry about other applicants.

If you prefer Queens' apply there.
Original post by jneill
Take their comment on face value. They don't say things like that unless they mean it - otherwise it wastes their time, and yours. Don't worry about other applicants.

If you prefer Queens' apply there.

Ok thank you so much for your help! I think you've helped me to decide that I'll apply to Queens :-)
Reply 5
Ok thank you so much for your help! I think you've helped me to decide that I'll apply to Queens :-)

Good choice: I hope you enjoy the college punts and the mathematical bridge :smile:
Hi!

Sidney is by far the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending