The Student Room Group

Which course??????

I'm really indecisive so, I'm hoping to apply to Bristol uni next year and was wondering which engineering course I should choose. The first choice is Mechanical Engineering which is pretty basic. The other is engineering design it seems cooler as it has a year in industry. However engineering design only has 29 places, compared to nearly 200, which worries me. Should I risk it for a biscuit?
Original post by wholockonmars
I'm really indecisive so, I'm hoping to apply to Bristol uni next year and was wondering which engineering course I should choose. The first choice is Mechanical Engineering which is pretty basic. The other is engineering design it seems cooler as it has a year in industry. However engineering design only has 29 places, compared to nearly 200, which worries me. Should I risk it for a biscuit?

What matters is what course you want to do the most. I wouldn't be concerned about application numbers as there are plenty of other places to study engineering. A year in industry, however, is also very valuable.

How closely related is mechanical engineering to engineering design? A lot of mechanical engineering graduates go into design engineer roles.

Quick Reply

Latest