The Student Room Group

What is the dumbest thing that you have been punished for in school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KINGYusuf
wearing gloves inside when it was cold af

How can they not allow you to stay warm? :lol: #Moooose
Probably when I literally did nothing wrong but ended up in whole class detentions. Most detentions I had were ones where the teachers simply held the whole class behind. And there were quite a few of them in years 7 and 8 (some in year 9 too, but they began to drop off).

Looking back, I wish I'd stood up for myself a bit and just walked out of them when I hadn't done anything wrong. I fantasised about it a lot but was always too scared to go through with it.
"Pulling faces" at another student. When I then screwed up my face in surprise/disagreement at this accusation, the teacher said I was now "pulling a face at [her]". My (almost genuine) reply that "this is the only face I've got" earned a detention. I'm still confused by the interaction years later.
I got suspended for just under a week because my trousers didn't have a wide enough leg and the pockets looked too casual
For chewing gum.
We had an entire year assembly in Year 7. It was before lunch. But all the girls got let out because they were 'behaving well' and the boys had to stay behind during lunch because we were 'misbehaving.' Sexism much? I didn't even do anything wrong
Original post by Leviathan1741
I remember once being yelled at for crumpling up a piece of paper that I'd drawn the wrong diagram on. My teacher shouted "Haven't you ever heard of an eraser?!" Well yeah, but I'd drawn the diagram in pen, so I couldn't rub it out.

That was over 9 years ago, and I still remember it :s-smilie:

Get over it.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
Probably when I literally did nothing wrong but ended up in whole class detentions. Most detentions I had were ones where the teachers simply held the whole class behind. And there were quite a few of them in years 7 and 8 (some in year 9 too, but they began to drop off).

Looking back, I wish I'd stood up for myself a bit and just walked out of them when I hadn't done anything wrong. I fantasised about it a lot but was always too scared to go through with it.

I hate when the teacher just punishes everyone - they seem to argue it is the fairest thing to do, when in fact it is the least fair thing to do haha! #Moooose
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I got suspended for just under a week because my trousers didn't have a wide enough leg and the pockets looked too casual

Almost a week for that?! :lol: #Moooose
Reply 49
I literally sat in my chair and bent over to pick up my pen. It was one of those freak occurrences where your pen just magically flies out of your hand and you don't even know why. I bent over to pick it up and got my name written on the board with a strict glare.
I was always getting into trouble for things to do with uniform- jewellery, makeup etc. The stupidest I can think of though was once for wearing socks with a logo [the rule was plain black or dark blue] I had my socks up to my knees & a teacher noticed the logo- I had to pull them down to my ankles so no logo was visible. I pulled them back up to knee level when I was outside at break because my legs were freezing. The same teacher saw me & I refused to do what she said - I thought it was a stupid rule & the logo wasn't even that obvious. I tried to be reasonable at first- I pointed out it was a really cold day & most girls were wearing tights or trousers- I didn't see why I should stand outside in a short skirt & bare legs without knee high socks because of something so minor & also mentioned that my coat had a logo on it so why should it matter if my socks did. She refused to accept what I was saying & I was going through a phase of being a bit stroppy at the time so I ended up having a big argument over it & a week's worth of detention for using offensive language towards the teacher.
I got blamed for everything. I got blamed for students talking to me even though I was just sitting there.

Went on a school trip, well more of community service thing and the people complained that some students weren't behaving good, and my teacher assumed it was me and my friends but we were actually the ones working our butts off.
Reply 52
Didn't have a pencil when student reps were inspecting people for equipment, they wrote my name down and gave it to their boss. I was meant to go see her during my lunch, but didn't bother because it was a joke that I (an A student) should have to go see someone because I didn't have a bloody pencil. Got given detention because I didn't go to see her. A friend also got detention for the same reason, so we went together, stayed 5 minutes then walked off.
Original post by OvergrownMoose
I hate when the teacher just punishes everyone - they seem to argue it is the fairest thing to do, when in fact it is the least fair thing to do haha! #Moooose

It particularly annoyed me when they tried to justify it by saying "the good pupils will pressure the bad ones to behave" or something along those lines. Because apparently, shy kids like me with few or no friends (and who certainly weren't friends with the type of people who constantly disrupt class) are perfectly capable of somehow pressuring chavs to behave, but qualified teachers are not. I don't know how any teacher could think such a punishment would work.
For accidently opening the wrong packet of apples...6 year old me didn't get a go in the lucky dip box despite being on green for the entire year :frown:
Original post by OvergrownMoose
What flowers were you drawing? :frown: #Moooose

Daisies and roses. :frown:
Original post by Luneth
Didn't have a pencil when student reps were inspecting people for equipment, they wrote my name down and gave it to their boss. I was meant to go see her during my lunch, but didn't bother because it was a joke that I (an A student) should have to go see someone because I didn't have a bloody pencil. Got given detention because I didn't go to see her. A friend also got detention for the same reason, so we went together, stayed 5 minutes then walked off.

Some people are just ridiculous! :angry: #Moooose
Reply 57
I got detention in Year 7 for yawning too loudly...
For getting a blowjob in the toilets
I dyed my hair red and went to mcdonalds. Otherwise i never misbehaved my entire time at school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending