The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The "Exeter (Cornwall) Firmers 2011" Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by westy89
That is strange because i had a BTEC in ICT and they seemed fine with that (i'm doing BSc):confused: I wouldn't think it would be too much hassle to change once you are there though

Yea that is interesting!:confused: It should be fine though like you said. Apparently lots of people change so it shouldn't be an issue.
151 days to go!
Good luck with your exams :biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Firmed for Conservation Biology & Ecology. :smile: Sun, surf, sea, sex and cool people, I can't wait! The POOD also made me quite excited for my course, which I suppose is a good thing...

Trouble is I haven't been in education for like 10 months cus of a gap year, I've got a bad feeling I'm gonna be seriously thick :tongue:
This is really random, but, during freshers, join the Labour Society!

*says my boyfriend. Member of said society.

He says ask for George :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 83
Original post by Swaying Eel
Firmed for Conservation Biology & Ecology. :smile: Sun, surf, sea, sex and cool people, I can't wait! The POOD also made me quite excited for my course, which I suppose is a good thing...

Trouble is I haven't been in education for like 10 months cus of a gap year, I've got a bad feeling I'm gonna be seriously thick :tongue:

Dont worry its been 3 years for me :eek: I see you are from Dorset too, what part ya from?
After lots'n'lots of hassle, I've reapplied for an offer I rejected at CC (loooong story!) and so will hopefully be joining the English girlies in September/October. The rooms and stuff are amazing, I fell in love when I was there.
Original post by sianelizabethx
After lots'n'lots of hassle, I've reapplied for an offer I rejected at CC (loooong story!) and so will hopefully be joining the English girlies in September/October. The rooms and stuff are amazing, I fell in love when I was there.

:biggrin:
Reply 86

:grin:
Any prospective Renewable Energy students about? I'm going into my second year in September and am living on the Cornwall campus at the moment. If you have any questions about the campus and stuff feel free to ask!
Original post by westy89
Dont worry its been 3 years for me :eek: I see you are from Dorset too, what part ya from?

Damn! How're you feeling about it? I mean, it's not even been a year for me, but I feel like a much simpler person that I was a year ago haha, it's a bit odd. Hopefully I'll be motivated to rediscover my intelligence...

I am from Poole my friend, live in Ashley Cross :smile: Where are you from in Bournemouth? Small world!
Reply 89
Damn! How're you feeling about it? I mean, it's not even been a year for me, but I feel like a much simpler person that I was a year ago haha, it's a bit odd. Hopefully I'll be motivated to rediscover my intelligence...

I am from Poole my friend, live in Ashley Cross :smile: Where are you from in Bournemouth? Small world!

Its the only thing that is niggling me about going to Uni. I plan to do a lot of reading/past papers over the summer just to get back into it, hopefully that will help somewhat.

Very small world indeed! I'm just a few miles away in Canford Heath.
Original post by westy89
Its the only thing that is niggling me about going to Uni. I plan to do a lot of reading/past papers over the summer just to get back into it, hopefully that will help somewhat.

Very small world indeed! I'm just a few miles away in Canford Heath.

Me too man. Well, I say that, but we'll just see how it goes. I've got a few "more intellectual" books from Amazon recently which is stimulating my brain thankfully.

Ahh how exciting haha, did you go to the Grammar?
Reply 91
Sounds like a plan. A few of my friends have taken a gap year (or two) and they said once they got to uni it all came back.

Na I went to QE, what about you?
Good stuff, hopefully that'll be the case for me too then. Still pretty scared though...

Ah fair enough, I went to the grammar, just made the link between Canford Heath. What are you going to study there then? I assume your avatar's a surfboard, you hoping to do some surfing down there? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
Good styff, hopefully that'll be the case for me too then. Still pretty scared though...

Ah fair enough, I went to the grammar, just made the link between Canford Heath. What are you going to study there then? I assume your avatar's a surfboard, you hoping to do some surfing down there? :smile:

I used to live Wimborne way, I only recently moved to CH. I'm going to study Geography, when i went for the open day it looked fantastic. What about you?

Yeah i'm a bit of a surfer although i don't get to go as much as i like down here, usually end up driving to Cornwall/Devon to go. Do you surf?
Original post by westy89
I used to live Wimborne way, I only recently moved to CH. I'm going to study Geography, when i went for the open day it looked fantastic. What about you?

Yeah i'm a bit of a surfer although i don't get to go as much as i like down here, usually end up driving to Cornwall/Devon to go. Do you surf?

Awesome, my girlfriend is doing Geography down there. I have a new found respect for the subject, it's not easy at uni level haha.
I'm going to do Conservation Biology & Ecology, course and place just looked perfect, so I went for that over straight Biology at the city campus and other unis.

Good stuff man, same with me to be honest. Tried down Bournemouth a few times but it's just no good, hopefully going to Ireland in the summer, it's meant to be massive. Not really any surfing down in Falmouth or the south coast, generall gotta go to the north for the waves but that's not too far away. I may well join the surfing club, think they go out every saturday.
Reply 95
Original post by flywithemma
This is really random, but, during freshers, join the Labour Society!

*says my boyfriend. Member of said society.

He says ask for George :biggrin: :wink:

You're boyfriends in Labour? sounds painful and rather unnatural :smile:
Reply 96
Awesome, my girlfriend is doing Geography down there. I have a new found respect for the subject, it's not easy at uni level haha.
I'm going to do Conservation Biology & Ecology, course and place just looked perfect, so I went for that over straight Biology at the city campus and other unis.

Good stuff man, same with me to be honest. Tried down Bournemouth a few times but it's just no good, hopefully going to Ireland in the summer, it's meant to be massive. Not really any surfing down in Falmouth or the south coast, generall gotta go to the north for the waves but that's not too far away. I may well join the surfing club, think they go out every saturday.

Yeah the colouring in techniques become quite advanced I hear lol. How is your gf finding it down there, is she enjoying the course?

Its fairly slim pickings on the south coast, i know you can surf at Falmouth but its not great, but then there is Porthleven on the south coast which can be amazing. But like you said the north coast is only a short drive away.

I think the surf club is the first club i will join :tongue:
Hiya! How long after confirming your offer did you guys have to wait for before you got the email asking you to apply for accomodation? I'm too excited, just want to get on with it now! (Yeah update if I make AAB I'm definitely going to Falmouth, I sorted everything out <3 )
Hiya! How long after confirming your offer did you guys have to wait for before you got the email asking you to apply for accomodation? I'm too excited, just want to get on with it now! (Yeah update if I make AAB I'm definitely going to Falmouth, I sorted everything out <3 )

Think it was around mid-March/late-March that I applied for accomodation. And I firmed shortly after the UCAS deadline in Jan. Good luck on getting the AAB, hope you get it, and if I get mine, I hope to see you there :redface:
Reply 99
I firmed for English there and applied for accommodation back in March.
Nervous and excited about moving so far away...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending