The Student Room Group

How confident are people in getting A and A* at Alevel?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Future_Dr
Tell me about it. My first exam, C1 maths:frown:

Haha same exactly, you do AQA? That paper was hell. Argh you made me remember it, it was so hard comparing to any other people beforehand!:angry::angry::angry::angry:
Reply 81
Looking at what I already have I'm aiming for at least ABB.

The way Sociology worked out I need an A on SCLY4 and anything above C on SCLY3 to get an A overall.
History - I'd need 102/120 on F966 to get an A, but anything above a D to get a B overall :-)
Psychology needs two low Bs in PSYA3 & 4 to get a B overall.

So fairly optimistic right now. Psychology is a f*ckin' killer though. Never regretted choosing a subject more. Except English Lit.

Sent from Student Room's Android App for Samsung Galaxy Ace.
Original post by Implo
Haha same exactly, you do AQA? That paper was hell. Argh you made me remember it, it was so hard comparing to any other people beforehand!:angry::angry::angry::angry:

No WJEC My problem was that it was quite easy and still I messed around with the numbers, I think that it feel a lot guttin when you know you could've done a lot better but still made stupid mistakes. Anyway wish you luck in all the other exams. So far it's going baaaddd
To do A levels you have to be able to wipe your bottom, so you're ok OP!
Reply 84
3 A*s for me
Reply 85
Art isn't really an A-Level. Certain I will get an A in it this year, although I'm dropping it next year.

English - fairly confident.

Maths - I hope statistics won't screw me over.

French - fairly confident.
Reply 86
I'm dead certain.
Reply 87
Original post by I Gurn Hard
DSC03113.jpg
DSC03112.jpg

No revision, did 2 of the A levels in hospital after a drug overdose still "cognitively impaired", exam markers are ****ing lenient monkeys, you all have nothing to worry about (obv helps i did **** subjects but still)

in general studies and rs... well done!!! : S
Original post by see-are
in general studies and rs... well done!!! : S

Like i said. "probably helps i did them in **** subjects" anyway, rs isn't that easy, i'd say politics was the easiest one (could get an A with a blindfold on)
Reply 89
Hmmm...
I'm pretty confient i have a chance to get an A* in maths, human biology and chemistry (i got full marks in the AS unit 2 chemistry :P) but physics.... not so sure...
I am good with the maths, but the wording of the questions confuses me sooooo much! :angry:
Original post by Like a BAWS
Fairly confident, for two of my subjects I only need an E and a D to get As :smile:

Could you explain this, please? :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by I Gurn Hard
Like i said. "probably helps i did them in **** subjects" anyway, rs isn't that easy, i'd say politics was the easiest one (could get an A with a blindfold on)

oh skeen didn't read that bit
yeah i do politics it is ridiculously easy
Reply 92
politics im all but guarenteed an a* other subjects ... not so good :rolleyes:
I think I need 90/120 in Chem unit 5 and 80/100 in maths C4 for A*s, which is doable except that this Chem unit is a b**** atm. For English it should be about 101/120 for the A*, but given how my mock went, that doesn't seem too likely :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Dominicque
Could you explain this, please? :smile:

Sure, in History I had :

AS
exam worth 40% - 80/80
exam worth 60% - something like 92/120

A2
Coursework worth 40% - 79/80
exam in summer worth 60% - I've worked out I need a high D to get an A overall :smile:

And then Sociology, its something like :

AS
Jan exam - 86/100
summer exam - 98/100 (i think)

A2
Jan exam - 92/100
summer exam - I'm something like 36 marks positive of an A grade, so need an E grade in this exam to get an A, which is 80% :smile:
Original post by Like a BAWS
Sure, in History I had :

AS
exam worth 40% - 80/80
exam worth 60% - something like 92/120

A2
Coursework worth 40% - 79/80
exam in summer worth 60% - I've worked out I need a high D to get an A overall :smile:

And then Sociology, its something like :

AS
Jan exam - 86/100
summer exam - 98/100 (i think)

A2
Jan exam - 92/100
summer exam - I'm something like 36 marks positive of an A grade, so need an E grade in this exam to get an A, which is 80% :smile:

:biggrin:

(P.S- I can't be the only one having problems with the new TSR commenting system, can I ? It's so frustrating.) :mad:

Oh, I see. So, if perhaps If I only gets Cs in by ASs, but As at A2 it's still possible for me to get A/A*s? :smile:

And well done to you for getting near 100% in all of your exams.
Original post by Bright
You can do exams online?

hehe! :tongue:

only* hehe pedantic so and so
Reply 97
You have to have 80% or above your AS and then get 90% in A2 to get the A* so you won't be able to get it with a C in the first year.

I'm fairly confident I will get four As at the end but I really need one A* which is going to be difficult for me. Got two more AS exams left but I'm done on friday :smile: so happy!

Basically you have to get an A overall for your entire a level but make sure you average 90% in your a2 modules

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
Reply 99
I just want to confirm, do you need 90% in EVERY module you do in A2 in order to get an A* is it 90% overall in A2?

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest