The Student Room Group

Sixth form entry requirements

Hi guys
I'm really stressed as the results day is in 2 days I did foundation and I really need to go to sixth form as I want to do chemistry and biology Alevel
I'm More likely to get a 4/5 in the results but I still don't meet the entry requirements I don't want any alternative so is there any way to convince that sixth form to do the alevels I want I didn't do well in the exams because I had problems with school by that time and I was really stressed however I know that I can do well and get A* if I work harder in sixth form.
Original post by Maloka_30
Hi guys
I'm really stressed as the results day is in 2 days I did foundation and I really need to go to sixth form as I want to do chemistry and biology Alevel
I'm More likely to get a 4/5 in the results but I still don't meet the entry requirements I don't want any alternative so is there any way to convince that sixth form to do the alevels I want I didn't do well in the exams because I had problems with school by that time and I was really stressed however I know that I can do well and get A* if I work harder in sixth form.

if you did foundation then its unlikely. all the sixth forms i know want at least a 6 but the one i went to and many others want a 7. maybe call the school on the day and just explain ur situation to them and they could potentially hear you out and stuff esp if the problems u mentioned did effect ur exams so much. never know unless you try. btw not to put u off or anything but bio and chem are immensely difficult at a level due to the sheer amount of content so definitely make sure its something you want to do.
Reply 2
Yeah I know how hard alevels are but ngl I'm confident that I can get the grade I want all the schools I applied for asked for a 5 or 6 and on their website they said they'll still look if I don't meet the entry requirements but some of the schools don't and that's why I'm confused btw I was forced to do foundation even though I got a 5 in my mocks the teachers were really bad and unfair to me

Thanks for your help
Original post by Maloka_30
Yeah I know how hard alevels are but ngl I'm confident that I can get the grade I want all the schools I applied for asked for a 5 or 6 and on their website they said they'll still look if I don't meet the entry requirements but some of the schools don't and that's why I'm confused btw I was forced to do foundation even though I got a 5 in my mocks the teachers were really bad and unfair to me

Thanks for your help

Ur determination is admirable. hopefully they understand ur circumstances! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending