The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
I got into Cambridge :smile:
Original post by bionic07
I got into Cambridge :smile:

congratulations! what pgce was it for? :smile:
Reply 262
YAY! Got invited to interview for 1st choice birmingham uni on 29th Nov (Primary PGCE) :smile:
Original post by tigergrowl
Yes that's me!!!! Applied Nov 2 - how weird is it, I was having a proper meltdown yesterday allll day and TODAY I check GTTR and I've been invited for interview!! Soooo happy - I know I'm not in yet, but still happy!! I've applied to Leicester Uni, and interview is 5th December. How about you? Have u applied to start Sept 2012?

Oh brilliant! Yeahh I've applied to Canterbury, got my interview on the 7th December! Hasn't really sunk in yet haha! :biggrin: :biggrin: Good luck with yours!

Edit: Did the person who negged me get rejected from CCCU or something? Can't see a reason at all for negging this...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 264
I have a degree in Psychology and applying for a PGCE in Religious Education - I am still waiting for my reference to reply, which is a really frustrating wait!! I am also worried about my degree being not relevant to the course,
Original post by angel_night
congratulations! what pgce was it for? :smile:

Blimey, that was quick! Congrats!
Response from UEL:

"Please ignore the Course full message on GTTR.

This is an error and your application will be considered."

They best let me in then, seeing as the application will now have to be withdrawn from LSBU...
Reply 267
Original post by mangorocket
Blimey, that was quick! Congrats!

Thanks! Extremely quick, got a GTTR update email within 48 hours... :s-smilie:

It was for English.
Original post by bionic07
Thanks! Extremely quick, got a GTTR update email within 48 hours... :s-smilie:

It was for English.

It is great when that happens. :smile:
I had my interview on Nov 4th and got my offer on the morning of Nov 5th. It is such a relief and means you can focus on what you have going on now [for me, that was my dissertation/third year/job]. :smile:

Congratulations. :biggrin:
Original post by affinity89
It is great when that happens. :smile:
I had my interview on Nov 4th and got my offer on the morning of Nov 5th. It is such a relief and means you can focus on what you have going on now [for me, that was my dissertation/third year/job]. :smile:

Congratulations. :biggrin:

Omg that's amazing.... you found out the NEXT day!!! Well done!!

Wish the same happens with me :colone: lol!
Reply 270
Subject: Primary

Universitys: Edge Hill, Liverpool Hope

Date Sent: 29/10/11

I have an interview for Edge Hill on the 23rd January :smile:
Reply 271
Has anyone else applied for Durham? I had my interview on Wednesday and I'm not feeling too great about it
Reply 272
Original post by Sophia_J
Has anyone heard from any Scottish unis? I've been told by a friend that we might not hear until January if we are being offered interviews. I am going crazy!!

No I haven't heard anything either! My first choice is Edinburgh and they said that as they won't know how many places they have until January there might not be any news until then. If it helps I don't know anyone who has heard anything yet. It's difficult not to let paranoia creep in though...
Original post by rache11a
Has anyone else applied for Durham? I had my interview on Wednesday and I'm not feeling too great about it

Hey yeah I had my interview on Wednesday too!! Went pretty badly in my opinion.... just got to wait and see i guess. x
Original post by victoria13
Hey yeah I had my interview on Wednesday too!! Went pretty badly in my opinion.... just got to wait and see i guess. x

Who did your interview? Was it Lynn Newton? :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by rache11a

did you apply for primary or secondary? i was gonna apply for primary there, but changed my mind last minute. didnt the interview go too well then, you might be suprised. at least if that was your first choice, then if things dont go too well...then your second choice will probs receive your app before 1st december to consider it.
Q: Do you NEED work experience to get on to a PGCE, because I want to get on a History PGCE straight after completing my degree?
Original post by chocoholic.
Q: Do you NEED work experience to get on to a PGCE, because I want to get on a History PGCE straight after completing my degree?

Most PGCE courses require at least 10 days recent experience/observational time in a school prior to the course/application. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

I guess it depends on Universities. If they have a LOT of applications, and most have work experience, then they'll probably scrap you out. But if you apply early, like Sept/Nov and they haven't received manyapplications, then they MAY consider you. If you've got the experience it just shwos you're more committed.

not work experience as in PAID, not necessarily. However, observation in schools is a must, which you can do during your degree

Latest

Trending

Trending