The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

i just found out i got an interview for painting and printmaking, if you have the time i would be very grateful to hear about what they asked etc. i wish you luck with your application! do you kniw how many of the 800 (?) applicants got an interview or will get one?
Original post by kmorgan
Got the email about the interview for Painting and Printmaking on thursday, and was one of the first to interview yesterday...now to wait until april for a reply.
If anyone has any qs about SEA or P+P interviews feel free to ask. I had interviews for both, and the painting one felt like it went for better than sea:/
Reply 221
Original post by smschneider
i just found out i got an interview for painting and printmaking, if you have the time i would be very grateful to hear about what they asked etc. i wish you luck with your application! do you kniw how many of the 800 (?) applicants got an interview or will get one?

No problem :smile: The people who interviewed me were really nice, asked me if there was a specific piece of work I wanted to talk about, then we went through my portfolio and sketchbooks at quite a relaxed pace. They asked if there was an exhibition I'd been to recently and we talked about a few artists...then towards the end we sat down and they asked if I had any other hobbies/what do you do in your free time, why gsa? and then you can ask questions, and they told me all about the course etc.. They respond to your work/what you say about it and will ask questions accordingly, I guess, so just make sure you're clear on what the main themes are in your work but can talk about them in more detail too.

When I was interviewed there was another person being interviewed by different tutors, so this is just my experience, the other tutors may do things slightly differently, though they both come and take your portfolio/sketchbooks for a few minutes to look at alone before you go in. hope this helps! good luck to you too
Reply 222
Anyone who had their interview on the phone? I still have no answer but I want to be prepared. I can't imagine how they will interview on the phone :biggrin:
Still no reply off GSA for photography for me, think I shall ring again later to see what is happening as they said to ring earlier this week anyway. I'll tell you lot their reply!
Reply 224
Classic rejection from Glasgow for painting and printmaking. Swines! Nah i'm not really that fussed. They only take a small percentage of people straight from school which is what I am doing, hey ho got to be positive :biggrin: hehe
Reply 225
Original post by Ailieo15
Classic rejection from Glasgow for painting and printmaking. Swines! Nah i'm not really that fussed. They only take a small percentage of people straight from school which is what I am doing, hey ho got to be positive :biggrin: hehe

sooo sorry to hear that :frown: did you just find out? I'm still waiting on my decision though it's probably gonna be a rejection... just wondering why it's taking them so long to tell me I've been unsuccsessful lol
Reply 226
Original post by Ruta V
sooo sorry to hear that :frown: did you just find out? I'm still waiting on my decision though it's probably gonna be a rejection... just wondering why it's taking them so long to tell me I've been unsuccsessful lol

Thanks, I got an email from ucas at around 10:30 this morning, checked ucas at like 2pm (so precise haha). I was shaking so much because when I got the email I assumed it was Edinburgh because I had an interview a couple weeks back and its my first choice so was so nervous, then I saw it was Glasgow and was kinda like meh, ok; guess my heart wasn't really in it for Glasgow! I'm sure you will do fine, its an achievement in itself to even get an interview! What year are you applying to?
Reply 227
Thanks, I got an email from ucas at around 10:30 this morning, checked ucas at like 2pm (so precise haha). I was shaking so much because when I got the email I assumed it was Edinburgh because I had an interview a couple weeks back and its my first choice so was so nervous, then I saw it was Glasgow and was kinda like meh, ok; guess my heart wasn't really in it for Glasgow! I'm sure you will do fine, its an achievement in itself to even get an interview! What year are you applying to?

applying to fashion design :smile: well, it's good to hear you're not completely down, I mean I was rejected from eca a few days back and felt so smashed for a couple of days... and I'm sure edinburgh will want you! It's just you'll probably have to wait a little longer to hear back from them
Reply 228

It was the same with me. GSA turned me down, but I'm still waiting to hear from ECA (my first choice). I'm starting to loose my hope :/
Reply 229
I just received rejection from GSA, too. Nice! :biggrin:
Reply 230
Original post by Usmih
I just received rejection from GSA, too. Nice! :biggrin:

sorry for that! :frown: which course was it for?
Reply 231
Original post by Ruta V
sorry for that! :frown: which course was it for?

Sculpture and environmental art. I expected that because I have studied in language high school and practically I don't have formal training for art or design. It is still sad though. I have been rejected from Edinburgh too. At least I have still hope for Dundee :biggrin:
Reply 232
Ahhh there's so much anguish :frown:
I wish they'd at least give me a clue or something :wink: Coincidentally I'm in Scotland next week so I might go paw at their doors like a lost, wet dog and ask to be let in.
Original post by ehc
I wish they'd at least give me a clue or something :wink: Coincidentally I'm in Scotland next week so I might go paw at their doors like a lost, wet dog and ask to be let in.

I'd let you in just for that lovely image.
Reply 234
Original post by ehc

You made me smille :smile:
Original post by tani.
Good luck to you too! I'm starting to doubt I'll get an interview now...

Me too :frown: good luck!

anyone else heard anything from communication design? please say no! haha.
Reply 236
Original post by Usmih
Anyone who had their interview on the phone? I still have no answer but I want to be prepared. I can't imagine how they will interview on the phone :biggrin:

Yeah, I had it two days ago...they just made me feel sooo comfortable! It's gonna be alright! :smile:
Reply 237
Original post by kmorgan
No problem :smile: The people who interviewed me were really nice, asked me if there was a specific piece of work I wanted to talk about, then we went through my portfolio and sketchbooks at quite a relaxed pace. They asked if there was an exhibition I'd been to recently and we talked about a few artists...then towards the end we sat down and they asked if I had any other hobbies/what do you do in your free time, why gsa? and then you can ask questions, and they told me all about the course etc.. They respond to your work/what you say about it and will ask questions accordingly, I guess, so just make sure you're clear on what the main themes are in your work but can talk about them in more detail too.

When I was interviewed there was another person being interviewed by different tutors, so this is just my experience, the other tutors may do things slightly differently, though they both come and take your portfolio/sketchbooks for a few minutes to look at alone before you go in. hope this helps! good luck to you too

I had my interview on the 15th by phone and it was pretty much the same thing...nothing to worry about! :smile:
Original post by Tanitaly
I had my interview on the 15th by phone and it was pretty much the same thing...nothing to worry about! :smile:

i an having a phone interview in a few days.i would be grateful if you'd have to answer a few questions! is it possible to let them see your newer work, eg sending some images by e-mail? it just seems unfair if we dont as the people who get interviewed on site will need to show new work. i feel like most of the stuff in my online folio is crap compared to what i've been doing lately=) did they ask you about any specific pieces in your folio? and ehm do they call you or is it thourgh skype? i am lost.

i wish you luck!
Reply 239
Original post by Tanitaly
Yeah, I had it two days ago...they just made me feel sooo comfortable! It's gonna be alright! :smile:

Good luck! I hope you get in! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest