The Student Room Group

I'm working for KFC, any questions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Popppppy
How long is the food allowed to be sitting out (like on the shelf in that counter bit) before someone buys it?
I heard it was 1 hour.

One hour for chicken hot wings and minis, 15 for popcorn, 5 for fries. 60 for fillets/zingers etc in the back as well. Most stores only ever adhere to this when they have a CER or are expecting one (Store assessment)
Reply 41
Original post by Stoof
One hour for chicken hot wings and minis, 15 for popcorn, 5 for fries. 60 for fillets/zingers etc in the back as well. Most stores only ever adhere to this when they have a CER or are expecting one (Store assessment)

Our chicken is often gone by this time anyway, and we always seem to be waiting on fries
Reply 42
Original post by notnek
I don't know... a good KFC meal can be quite sublime.

Only the skin.

They should sell just the seasoned fried skin. I'd pay for that.
Reply 43
Original post by day1100
Our chicken is often gone by this time anyway, and we always seem to be waiting on fries

Same, these times only really apply to the first couple of hours a store is open depending on the store. We always sell out of chicken around tea time cause the cooks literately cannot keep up with the demand.
Reply 44
Original post by Stoof
Same, these times only really apply to the first couple of hours a store is open depending on the store. We always sell out of chicken around tea time cause the cooks literately cannot keep up with the demand.

One of the most frustrating parts is waiting on chicken because it takes so long to cook, and customers hate waiting... If only they knew how much effort goes into making the chicken
Reply 45
Original post by day1100
One of the most frustrating parts is waiting on chicken because it takes so long to cook, and customers hate waiting... If only they knew how much effort goes into making the chicken

The one thing more frustrating than running out of it is when customers don't understand that whilst chicken is the main product and we are 'fast food', it actually has to be cooked first. Have you experienced the '16 piece bucket only breast/ribs?' customers yet?
Original post by day1100
I work for KFC, any questions you would like it ask me about working there?

At the end of the day do you keep all the leftover chicken and reheat and sell it the next day? or is it all thrown away?
I once went to a burger king when they were closing and they gave away a lot of food they had left over, never happened at kfc..
Reply 47
Original post by Frodo Baggins
I had kfc yesterday. Can i just say, the reggae reggae box meal is somewhat of a dissapointment.

What exactly were you expecting? It's just a chicken burger with some reggae reggae sauce on it. Hardly gonna be a culinary or proper jerk meal.
Reply 48
Original post by Stoof
The one thing more frustrating than running out of it is when customers don't understand that whilst chicken is the main product and we are 'fast food', it actually has to be cooked first. Have you experienced the '16 piece bucket only breast/ribs?' customers yet?

Just the other day funnily enough, I just feel like walking out. I give them some and put them at the top of the bucket then i just put other bits of chicken at the bottom of the bucket and hope they don't come back and complain.
Reply 49
Where's the Colonel?
Reply 50
Original post by Killmepls
At the end of the day do you keep all the leftover chicken and reheat and sell it the next day? or is it all thrown away?
I once went to a burger king when they were closing and they gave away a lot of food they had left over, never happened at kfc..

Everything is thrown away, unless the staff want to take some home. We never give away free chicken at the end of the day, or people will just come at the end of the day for free chicken. There is often a lot of wastage also, which is shame, but what can you do...
Original post by James A
Is the popcorn chicken fake chicken or 'real' chicken?

Is it like McDonalds where they include giblets, bones and the chicken meat or is it pure chicken?

Never heard of popcorn chicken before :p:
Are the chickens battery-fried?
Reply 53
I had kfc yesterday. Can i just say, the reggae reggae box meal is somewhat of a dissapointment.

really? i was hoping to tuck into that soon lol
Reply 54
Original post by cuckoo99
really? i was hoping to tuck into that soon lol

I'm sure it isn't that bad... Depends whether you like reggae reggae sauce or not...
Reply 55
one question OP do you make the gravy there or does it get made and then you guys just reheat it or suffin? because the gravy tastes different at different KFC stores, somtimes its great and somtimes its dissapointing :/
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Where's the Colonel?

dead
Reply 57
Original post by cuckoo99
one question OP do you make the gravy there or does it get made and then you guys just reheat it or suffin? because the gravy tastes different at different KFC stores, somtimes its great and somtimes its dissapointing :/

It comes in like powder form, then we add water then heat in the microwave
Original post by day1100
Haven't had the chance to try the burger yet, What did it taste like?

Dont get me wrong, the burger was "finger licking good" it's just that the reggae sauce is literally barbeque sauce and the portions are small. By all means try it but if you are a hardcore fan then it might fail to meet your expectations.
Reply 59
dead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending