The Student Room Group

How many hours should I work when I'm starting my A levels?

I recently got offered an interview for KFC and its a part time position. I start my A levels in 2 weeks and hopefully I'll have a job while studying. I'm confused by the hours that would be best to work as I'm not really good working under pressure when studying if there is a lot going on and I get stressed out with exams. Any advice?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mollyg787
I recently got offered an interview for KFC and its a part time position. I start my A levels in 2 weeks and hopefully I'll have a job while studying. I'm confused by the hours that would be best to work as I'm not really good working under pressure when studying if there is a lot going on and I get stressed out with exams. Any advice?

Make sure your priority is your A-levels okay.
Don't over do the amount of hours you work with KFC.

Would it be best to work weekends only with KFC and allow during the week for your A-levels work and studying.
On school holidays you can work probably more. Make the hours work for you 🙂 so that you want get stressed out especially when you have exams coming up say.
Reply 2
Depends how well you can balance social life, school life, and work life. When I started my Alevels I did Wednesdays 3-9pm and weekends 12-9 and i could manage it fine. However, when i tried doing fridays as well, i was too exhausted, so i reversed and only did wed,sat,sun again.
But yes i agree with the other commenter, prioritsie studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending