The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth form College in harrow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by hadiyayayaya
aw congrats :smile: and I have noooooo idea! I did dofe but I don't get my certificate until the day after the interview -.- I have a few debating certificates but I can't think of anything else to put in there. you?

Congrats to you too :biggrin: Ooo that's annoying but you can obviously just tell them about it. I have some cheesy school achievement certificates and like 1 decent sports certificate. When's your interview? What subjects did you pick?
Original post by tygatinch
Everyone's been getting letters for interviews except me and i'm wondering,why? Someone across the road from me got a "under consideration" letter today,isit my postcode? My grade average was 7 as i can remember. Does this mean something?

probably not, don't worry about it too much. they send letters out right until the end of march - you've still got a month!
Original post by kingtaco
Congrats to you too :biggrin: Ooo that's annoying but you can obviously just tell them about it. I have some cheesy school achievement certificates and like 1 decent sports certificate. When's your interview? What subjects did you pick?

haha, thanks! yeah, hopefully they won't just think I'm some lame person who'll lie about it lol. hah me too, but I wasn't sure to put them in. On Tuesday, 28th. But I kinda have another interview in the morning D: I don't know what to do! but yeah, how about you? math, chem, bio and history :smile: I may do French or physics aswel though. You?
Reply 63
haha, thanks! yeah, hopefully they won't just think I'm some lame person who'll lie about it lol. hah me too, but I wasn't sure to put them in. On Tuesday, 28th. But I kinda have another interview in the morning D: I don't know what to do! but yeah, how about you? math, chem, bio and history :smile: I may do French or physics aswel though. You?

Haa, hopefully they don't care too much about extra curricular crap. Mine's on Tuesday too. Maths, f maths, economics and physics. Kinda hesitant about physics because on the open day the head of department seemed like he had no idea what was going on LOL. Wonder what they'll ask about religion...
Haa, hopefully they don't care too much about extra curricular crap. Mine's on Tuesday too. Maths, f maths, economics and physics. Kinda hesitant about physics because on the open day the head of department seemed like he had no idea what was going on LOL. Wonder what they'll ask about religion...

lool, hopefully. ah cool, what time? LOL omg really? lost in your own school. yeaah, spec after that whole sheet we had to fill out. I hope they don't quiz us on I cos I dont remember any of it :colondollar: lol I'm not even catholic so yeah. apparently where you live plays a big part too. ah, so is st doms your first choice?
Reply 65
lool, hopefully. ah cool, what time? LOL omg really? lost in your own school. yeaah, spec after that whole sheet we had to fill out. I hope they don't quiz us on I cos I dont remember any of it :colondollar: lol I'm not even catholic so yeah. apparently where you live plays a big part too. ah, so is st doms your first choice?

Yeaah it was so funny, I just felt sorry for him lool. I think they might ask a few questions but hopefully nothing too serious. Where'd you hear your location is a deciding factor :O? Yeah it probably is, wbu?
Yeaah it was so funny, I just felt sorry for him lool. I think they might ask a few questions but hopefully nothing too serious. Where'd you hear your location is a deciding factor :O? Yeah it probably is, wbu?

nothing official, just a few people have said it to me. they tend to give places to people who live near by, as would any school I guess. yeah pretty much :smile:
I heard that the Whitmore Sixth Form was really good ... i might go there
Reply 68
Original post by alsam005.310
Thanks :smile: I'm going to be taking Maths, Bio, Chem, Psychology. Wbu? I think replies for interviews come March/April time. I know some colleges have already started. I got an offer from Woodhouse two days ago. :smile:

A lot of people in the school are doing those exact sets of subjects...I was doing that subject but I changed as soon as I could to Religious Studies...the psychology teachers are the most complained about in the school and I don't think it's merely a coincidence anyway, if you really enjoy psychology, it is the subject for you.
Reply 69
Original post by tygatinch
Everyone's been getting letters for interviews except me and i'm wondering,why? Someone across the road from me got a "under consideration" letter today,isit my postcode? My grade average was 7 as i can remember. Does this mean something?

I know other people who have not got letters yet so you are not the only one. I hp u get a letter sn! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
I already had my interview with St Doms. No need to worry, they are very very very friendly and welcoming. No need to worry. The questions aren't challenging and they just want to get to know you. The interview time varies depending on who your interviewer is. Mine was 30 minutes, but my friends interview was for 5. Don't panic and stay calm :smile:
Reply 71
I already had my interview with St Doms. No need to worry, they are very very very friendly and welcoming. No need to worry. The questions aren't challenging and they just want to get to know you. The interview time varies depending on who your interviewer is. Mine was 30 minutes, but my friends interview was for 5. Don't panic and stay calm :smile:

Any hints into what kind of questions they asked? What did they ask about extra curriculars, if you don't mind my asking? :P
yeah i live quite far :/ does your sister like it there? some people have said its overrated! ah well done to your mate lol :smile: did you apply?

I'm one year younger but , It is good but obviously if you only accept the best students you will get the best grades so really it depends on yourself so yes it is overated but still great. :smile:
Original post by Monkeys!
Did she say the teaching is good? And does she like it there?

She definitely likes it but I think teaching depends on the course my sister does medicine subjects and thinks it is great:smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Dr.Kweks waszabi
She definitely likes it but I think teaching depends on the course my sister does medicine subjects and thinks it is great:smile:

Oh yay! :smile: I want to do medicine-like-subjects too! Are you applying there too?
Reply 75
Any hints into what kind of questions they asked? What did they ask about extra curriculars, if you don't mind my asking? :P

They ask similar questions to the questions on the religious reference sheet. They do ask about your extra curricular and they also flick through your Record of achievement and ask questions about the things you have done. The questions are not hard at all, it's mainly confirmation that you'll be 16 and the subjects you will be taking.
Reply 76
Any hints into what kind of questions they asked? What did they ask about extra curricular, if you don't mind my asking? :P

They ask similar questions to the questions on the religious reference sheet. They do ask about your extra curricular and they also flick through your Record of achievement and ask questions about the things you have done. The questions are not hard at all, it's mainly confirmation that you'll be 16 and the subjects you will be taking.
Reply 77

Thanks! That puts my mind at ease.
Reply 78

When you went to your interview, were there alot of people?
Original post by Monkeys!

Oh yay! :smile: I want to do medicine-like-subjects too! Are you applying there too?

Yup:smile: and for medicine-like-subjects as well:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending