The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I do this aswell, although not so much, now I just chew my nails like a maniac most of the time.

EDIT: OP i've been doing it for so long now I really don't think there are any health issues..
Anonymous
Now I realise it's unlikely I'll die, but your first point is what I was actually worried about.

Guys, I'm actually not even joking about this despite how silly it sounds.

Hmmm, yeah. Well, get a check up at the GP and for god's sake, stop eating fabric.
Reply 22
Haha ooh I've always wanted to come across someone with Pica (not a pokemon - but a disease)

:teeth:

It'll hurt when you poo if you eat an entire towel, you know
Reply 23
Best Thread Title.... Ever!
Anonymous
Now I realise it's unlikely I'll die, but your first point is what I was actually worried about.

keep some food in ur room , grapes, raisins , marshmallows n stuff like that !
Reply 25
Spacecam
Haha ooh I've always wanted to come across someone with Pica (not a pokemon - but a disease)

:teeth:

It'll hurt when you poo if you eat an entire towel, you know

Haha imagine.
Reply 26
Anonymous

Looks like you'll be coughing up fur-balls up soon enough.
:dontknow: maybe you'll choke? :s-smilie:
I keep eating wall plaster.
My mouse eats fabric and toilet paper and she's not dead yet, far from it. I doubt you'll be dropping down dead any time soon.

Our next door neighbours little girl has this blanket which she carries around and nibbles/sucks on all day too and it hasn't done her much harm.
Reply 30
yeah you could clog your bowels up. Rupture something and die or something.

You need cognitive behaviour therapy.
Reply 31
I do this kind of except more with tissues, and i love the feeling of nibbling at the end of a certain fabric, and creating holes.

I don't see why your digestion system cannot cope with a little fabric, why would it be growing inside you?

After all there is a man famed for eating metal and his digestion system has actually adapted and strengthened for that purpose specifically.
Reply 32
Is it a compulsion for you to do it? If you tried to stop do you think you'd be able to? If not then you have Pica. Preeetty common surprisingly...

As for health issues it will cause...unless you ingest large ammounts i think you'll be fine.
Dick Valentine
This story is fabricated.

. :awesome:
Get some professional advice/help, first stop would be your GP. You know it's not normal or healthy.
Reply 35
Dick Valentine
This story is fabricated.

OHHHH SNAP!
Reply 36
Cultivated
As far as I'm concerned, there's no calories or fat in them, so it's healthy. Keep eating.

Hahaha, how did you arrive at that conclusion?
Mr Snips
Hahaha, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

I asked Adonis :ninja:
It does sound like Pica...
My brother had this, he used to eat tissues, socks, foam padding from chairs etc etc
Best advice would be to go to your GP
Reply 39
eurydice333
Get some professional advice/help, first stop would be your GP. You know it's not normal or healthy.

This really. But still, lol at this thread! :rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending