The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I worked myself of for Chemistry i had the Exam on Thursday i was sat-tue and did all nighter revision on Tuesday night and Wednesday night, i ended up with a B which was kind of disappointing for all the work i put in.
Reply 21
totally know what u mean about one module destroying the rest of a years hard work, out of 3 modules for aqa english lit i got 2 B's and then a U, GUTTED, which gave me an overall D,even more gutted!!!!

oh well back to resits!:frown:

and as for french AS i got an A , A2 got a C (do not know what went on there):smile:
I worked so ******* hard on my German - especially my coursework which I spent months on! I came out with a D overall. Thank **** my AS grades were OK (BBD) because my EEE to add this year epically affected it!
Ha! Thinking about it, last year I had to practically self-teach myself the course and I got 1 hour guidance time a week at another school, this year I get 9 hours a week (well, actually maybe not because one of my teachers kept cancelling :s-smilie:) so about 5 hours a week plus oral time with a native speaker and I get really crap results!
Reply 23
Studied History loads, but ended up getting a C. My A2 english grade was the same as last year's and my Psychology grade had gone up a grade from last year. I still got into Uni, so I don't really mind :biggrin:
ABC. I needed AAB. Gutted, but not much I can do now - such is life. Just need to get on with it, maybe get some work experience etc. otherwise I just won't get anywhere...
Yeah well at least you didn't get a D in Chemistry...
I was totally expecting A's in my Psychology and Law as I worked so hard and I was pretty confident i did well but I got B's :frown:
last year I got a D in my AS Drama. So I retook 2 modules where my teacher said ive improved loads and that the coursework I retook could be an A/B. I also worked extremely hard for my A2 Drama where I was balancing A2 coursework and the resits (AND other subjects too) which meant I even cut a few hours of sleep. My teacher predicted me an A in Drama. What was my actual result? Yet another ******* D!!!!!!!!!! =O!!

I still get to do it at uni though =) with English lol.
I worked my socks off for Psychology and I felt the exams went really well, I came skipping out of the exam room lol I was really hoping for an A and my teachers thought I would get it but I ended up with a mid B :frown: a bit disappointed but thats life. B is still good so Im over it now :smile:
Reply 29
I got BCD, which i expected in the D's circumstance but a C in English? I am gutted :frown: I still got into the Uni though, but i really wanted a B :/

Edit: Spelling error :/ :p:
Reply 30
special1ne
Same here with Economics for me. A whole year's worth of hard work to get an A, and I end up with a B :frown:
Maths can roll over and die :angry:

Your sig (with UCAS) is exactly how I feel after finding out my AS results :cry:
Reply 31
Can I just say Fuuck you AQA. Fuuck you.

first they lose my AS paper and don't bother give me the make up grade for it. then on the resit I had to take cause of their cock up i got an E. Not fair. especially considering that I got an A on my other AS resit I am very pissed. Who knows if that paper they lost was an A too. [ it is possible as I went up 31 marks on my resit that was an A]
Everyone is talking bout getting no sleep and working so hard. Maybe no sleep is the reason you didn't get the grades you wanted?
Got BBC :frown: needed AAB.. i was not expecting a C at all, atleast one A would have made me more happier. Oh Well.. ill work harder, Ive learnt my lesson, less drinking and messing about, and time to get serious. Damn, now i realise should have listened to ma brother
I recommend to everyone that you ask for your dissapointing results to get remarked ASAP. I know people who have gone up 2 and even 3 grades.

Because, ~reality check~ the markers are humans who are marking the same thing over and over and they will miss stuff and mark papers incorrectly. In fact, I believe Edexcel had a major rethink of it's markers' training recently because it turned out the majority of the dummy exams they gave their markers were incorrectly marked (and most of the time marked down by too much).

You've nothing to lose!
Reply 35
I got a D in design when I was predicted an A. I went in from like 8-6 on free days/periods to work on it, too. :| WTF?!
I spent pertty much every minute listeing to my pieces, and learning everything about them and then perfecting the performance..

and i get a U I'm SO bum about it.!
Reply 37
I worked my ass off for psychology and ended up with a C :frown:
Not gonna dwell over it anymore though cos at least i've got a place at uni
Reply 38
Yeah I was meant to get an A in Art :frown: I worked hard too.
Reply 39
-Sylvia-Plath-
Yeah. I worked about 5 hours a day on History the week before the exam; then I thought I absolutely aced it. Just found out I got a C :/. Most odd.

but the grade boundries for history this year (if u did OCR) were REALLY tight....like I was one of the only people in our year to get a high B in the coursework, everyone else got Ds and Us and my history class is really brainy....so I wouldn't sweat it out too much some years it depends on the day, the examiner and the grade boundries.

Latest