The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Worked hard all year in history, no coursework, plenty of homework essays. Did lots of revision and was ready for the exam.

Bus fails to turn up, loads of traffic, get into the exam room and the moment I sit down "you may begin". Nowhere near mentally prepared and fully expected my C.

Re-taking in january and, needles to say, i'll be avoiding the bus next time...
Meenapixi
but the grade boundries for history this year (if u did OCR) were REALLY tight....like I was one of the only people in our year to get a high B in the coursework, everyone else got Ds and Us and my history class is really brainy....so I wouldn't sweat it out too much some years it depends on the day, the examiner and the grade boundries.

Well, my life is pretty much over so it is hard to be calm about these sort of things. :o:
Reply 42
Worked like 4 hours a day on economics to get an A.
Then I get a C...

Same but for Chemistry. I shall be retaking all of those exams. I'm gutted but on the brighter side at least we remember some of it :smile:
Reply 43
-Sylvia-Plath-
Well, my life is pretty much over so it is hard to be calm about these sort of things. :o:

sorry to hear that :frown: I just meant that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself hun :console: I hope things work out for you whatever the circumstance
.:excel4100%:.
Yea exactly the same here.....I know I'm capable of an A in Economics and I worked hard and learnt so many things and the exams went very well but I still ended up with a B :frown:

I hate it when you work to your highest capability but you don't get the highest grade

Worse of all: I hate their UMS style marking as they "tailor" the grade boundaries every year depending on how hard or easy it was.
So even though i got 80% in economics - and possibly everyone in the country got in 90% so that probably made me get a B...
Reply 45
I wanted an A in physics. I finished early, looked through the paper, I was sure that I'd got right at least 85% of the paper.
I got a B.

However, I scraped a B in biology by 0.8%. WOOO.
Reply 46
i worked hard at psychology and i got b in my june exams but a c overall, gutted!
Reply 47
this thread suits me to the bone....i worked my @ss off for chemistry unit 2.....got a solid B in my mock so was hoping to ace it for the real thing......turn out i get 67 outa 120......somehow i dropped 50 odd marks out of 80....when i think over in my head i really dont know where they went!!! .....gonna get the paper back...ahh was so dissapointed! .....:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 48
I want to rant so much. I got 4a's and 1 b ( m1 maths) I'm upset because the A'S where not that good just mid or a little high but not what I expected.
Reply 49
The exams I felt I'd worked the hardest for I ended up getting a C. Kinda depressed have to say but at least it's "only" AS level and I can resit.
Reply 50
Nexstar
Worked hard all year in history, no coursework, plenty of homework essays. Did lots of revision and was ready for the exam.

Bus fails to turn up, loads of traffic, get into the exam room and the moment I sit down "you may begin". Nowhere near mentally prepared and fully expected my C.

Re-taking in january and, needles to say, i'll be avoiding the bus next time...

Ooouucchhh!!! Been there myself once though... not nice at all..!!:no:

Goodluck for your re-sit though! I'm sure you'll do excellent then!:hugs:
Reply 51
Must have spent 300+ hours on a coursework in Product Design I got a C in. (I thought I did well)

Worked my arse off for the Product Design exam, got a U, 40/120. (I thought I did well)

Remind me never to do Product Design again...
Reply 52
studied loads for AS bio was hoping to get A/B but ended up with a C
I got an A in Psychology, B in English Lit (one mark away from an A) and a D in Biology (one mark away from a C) and wait for it... an E in Chemistry. Gutted about Biology, I really thought I'd got an A :frown:

I have to retake both Biology modules and pray I somehow manage to get my grade up to a B or an A and I think I'll get English Lit remarked so I can get that one mark? I refuse to do anything about Chemistry. I'll just drop it.

But what do I do about university? I guess I can't apply until I have my A2 grades now... :sad:

I feel sad because I know I worked but I'm happy because I can resit. But mostly sad.
What works for me is start months earlier and do an hour everyday per topic and around a month or two or a month is fine you do exam practice only.

It worked for this girl. She got all A's in chemistry, physics, mathematics and further maths.

My exam timetable was thrown out because some stuff happened so basically I had to put hours a day before the exam.
Reply 55
really pevved about drama but i blame my teacher tbh. She marks like everything and it's unfair
Reply 56
mel0n
Yeah I was meant to get an A in Art :frown: I worked hard too.

I know exactly how your feeling worked really hard but ended up with a B in my CW and an A in my exam so a B overall dead gutted :frown:
charlottesometimes
I worked and worked all year for German, did loads of extra study and had private lessons and still got a B, so missed my Cambridge offer. Boo.

You are me.
Not even kidding. Just replace the 'German' with 'Latin', and that is exactly my situation. Have you been put in the summer pool do you know?
Reply 58
km31

but im still disappointed in my results! I was predicted AAB, and actually worked so much, i got Cs in the june bio exams, and a C in C4 maths, when i came out thinking i'd got at least Bs :frown:

You'll soon get over that when you realise how unimportant A-Levels when you're working towards getting a qualification that supersedes them. Well done on your excellent results anyway.
drencharmstrong
You are me.
Not even kidding. Just replace the 'German' with 'Latin', and that is exactly my situation. Have you been put in the summer pool do you know?

I haven't, unfortunately. My college said that I was a strong candidate and that it was a near-miss, but there was nothing more they can do. Which is pretty sad, obviously, but I'm feeling a lot better now. :smile: Good luck to you

Latest