The Student Room Group

KCL or Royal Holloway?

Hi, I've got offers from Kings College London to do MSc International Marketing and an offer from Royal Holloway to do their MA Marketing.

They're both new courses being offered and there's not much difference between the courses content. Which would be considered better by prospective employers with a view to taking a job within the marketing field?

Kings has the upper hand on reputation and location but should Royal Holloway be discounted, I hear their marketing group is quite strong.

Any thoughts?
Kings.

Better, more traditional reputation, highly ranked all over the world (I believe its 25th in the world rankings), russel group uni, one of the 4 strong london unis along with lse, ucl and imperial. Consistantly ranked top 20 in the UK.

Go for Kings.
Reply 2
Kings everytime.

did you even have to ask?
Reply 3
Depends if you want London location or the pain of having to train in London all the time, plus the differing costs
Reply 4
Royal Holloway is also a very good university. If, as you say, the courses are new at both unis, then no-one can actually know at this stage which is better. I suppose Kings has the advantage of being in central London.
Reply 5
Thanks for your replies, I think KCL is the best choice, for me anyway, I went to a campus based Uni (Essex) for my undergrad degree and need to put some city living back into my bones. It's great to have offers from two very good universities, but KCL I think edges it for reputation, on the institutions overall (seeing as they both are new courses, it was rightly said its hard to compare departments etc) and the fact its in the heart of London.

Latest

Trending

Trending