The Student Room Group
Reply 1
depends on the type of course you want to go into, do you have any ideas at the moment?
Reply 2
Geography is useful if you want to work with the environment I guess. And I didn't understand the second half of your question :confused:
Reply 3
the 2nd part i meant shall i take maths eng lit history and then finaly which out of physics or geography?.. And i aint sure wat i wana do yet. Maybe law or somethin with computers
geography is a good all round subject that bridge the sciences and the arts due to the physical and human side of the course. It is good in straight geography, ecology side of biology, but also in politics, economics, management, law, education.
Both physics and geography are well respected, but physics probably opens up more doors in the engineering, mathsy, science department and compliments well with maths and is a great subject in its own right but from my experience geography is 'good value for money', its straightforward, esp. at AS.
Reply 5
I don't think it matters unless your going to study physics or geography.
Reply 6
also, are history n geog too similar type of subjects or they both good in their own way?
Geography all the way matey :p: and yeah History and Geography go very well together XD Consider French and RS and youll be doing an amazing combo :wink::p:
And the job opportunties for Geography are endless XD It bridges with allsorts of subjects including Social Sciences, Geology, Languages, Humanities, Business Studies and Leisure, Travel and Tourism.
Reply 8
delasandro
also, are history n geog too similar type of subjects or they both good in their own way?

Geography kind of borders science and arts so its quite versatile. History on the other hand is a very respected arts subject, it teaches you how to structure ideas in a clear way in essays and how to analyse text and come to valid conclusions so it's versatile and desirable in its own way. VERY useful if your thinking about law.
Reply 9
does geo with economics , Politics and maths a good combo?
Cuzzz
does geo with economics , Politics and maths a good combo?

Yep, very! XD

Latest