The Student Room Group
Many employers prefer students who took a conversion course over LLB students. 'More experience' and all that jazz; a non-Law degree from Durham will not put you at any disadvantage.
Reply 2
Lots of employers say people that have a non-law undergraduate degree is better off because if you've only studied law you think narrow mindidly, and a degree like politics, history, philosphy, economics and even engineering gives you an edge you could say but at the same token the CPE programme is only one year and only covers the 7 compolsury modules and whilst very demanding as in a LLB programme you only do 4 in a year, it is less in depth as LLB students will get to study 12 modules over 3 years. Not the typical schools and law schools with the LLB programme offer the CPE course, Nottingham is quite a big one and the BPP and Guilford i think offer them, you have to have obtained a 2:1 or higher to enroll i think. After your CPE you'll have to enroll on the LPC to become a solicoter and BVC I think to become a barrister, which is another year of studies so you're looking at 5 years of studying in total before you become a trainee as a solicoter (2 years) or pupil (1 year) to become a barrister. So you'll be a qualified barrister or solicoter in 6-7 years.

Latest

Trending

Trending