The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Natural Sciences and UCAS

Hi can any current students/current applicants help?

Wanting to apply for Natural Sciences, and know that Durham ask you to say if you want to study Chemistry within the NatSci course on UCAS form.

Well I can add this in the further details section, but what do I do if I'm not sure on what I would want to take with it? Will I have to specify now, or could I just name Chemistry and leave the other options open? I'm torn between Physics & Maths, and maybe doing some Earth Sciences?

So UCAS wise what do I have to put/what did/have others put? And if current students have done/doing Physics or Earth Sciences, any advice?
It's only Chemistry you have to mention, due to lack of lab space. If you're not sure about what else you want to do with it, then otherwise just leave it and decide nearer the time.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
It doesn't really matter what your put on your UCAS form (except Chemistry) because you can choose entirely different subjects when you sign up for your modules.
Reply 3
As others have said, you just need to mention if you want to do chemistry, as that has limited spaces. You don't have to mention anything else.

Latest