The Student Room Group

Has anyone done the Cambridge Pre-U Independent Research and Global perspectives?

They're trying to make me do it in College cause they've put me in this Honours thing but to me it just seems like a pisstake to me

They're trying to make me take GCSE Latin as well and it just seems like to much work to have to do two 5000 word essays, a presentation and something else as well as my ASs in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Geography

I think I might drop out of this program and do the Welsh Baccalaureate instead cause even though it doesn't mean anything it seems like a laugh

I have no desire to go to Oxford or Cambridge and I just don't see the point in it

So has anyone else done this before?
Reply 1
anyone?
Your school is combining the GPR (that's what it's called) with A-levels? :lolwut: It's designed for the Cambridge Pre-U, with three Pre-U Principal Subjects.
Reply 3
michaelyus
Your school is combining the GPR (that's what it's called) with A-levels? :lolwut: It's designed for the Cambridge Pre-U, with three Pre-U Principal Subjects.

It is also available as a standalone qualification (i.e. you can take it alongside A levels).
Reply 4
you stole my name, I'm Sam Ryan! give it back
Reply 5
samryan
anyone?

I haven't but I have read about it and at least the Independent Research part sounds interesting. Do you know what you'd like to do after A-Levels? If you want to study something 'research' oriented it might be interesting, and good preparation for uni (independent work etc.). I think any Russell Group university would like it; probably others as well.

But in that case you could also just do an Extended Project (with AQA or Edexcel etc.).

GPR sounds like a combination of Critical Thinking A level with an Extended Project Qualification. Maybe it is "better" than these, but I don't know..
I'm doing the Pre-U global perspectives thing this year, i'm in year 13
Reply 7
Can you give more details about the pre-U thing?:frown:
Reply 8
yeah im doing it this year... it seemed fine at the start of the year, but i'm supposed to be submitting my presentation next week and i'm quite stressed out with it.. more work than i thought! i've had a look at a practice paper as well, doesnt look like something i'm going to find easy :frown:
where can u get a practice paper...the exams tomorrow :s-smilie:
Original post by samryan
They're trying to make me do it in College cause they've put me in this Honours thing but to me it just seems like a pisstake to me

They're trying to make me take GCSE Latin as well and it just seems like to much work to have to do two 5000 word essays, a presentation and something else as well as my ASs in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Geography

I think I might drop out of this program and do the Welsh Baccalaureate instead cause even though it doesn't mean anything it seems like a laugh

I have no desire to go to Oxford or Cambridge and I just don't see the point in it

So has anyone else done this before?

LOL im guessing you studied in st davids college. Im doing it this year, so much to do.
lol... how did it go? :'D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending