The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Module Registration confusion.

I'm a soon-to-be psychology student. I recieved info from the psych department yesterday and it mentioned signing up for modules once we get there, after we have seen the department etc. But I thought we were supposed to sign up for modules from tomorrow? And to sign up ASAP because some modules fill up quickly? Also, how are we supposed to know which modules at which times we can register for, because we only have our provisional time-tables? And it says we don't have to go to everything on our provisional time-tables because there are multiple lectures/seminars for the same thing because of the amount of people on the course.

Really rather confused :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Can you find the email/booklet/letter that says you need to register for modules on the 21st Sept? I've never heard of that before!! maybe you've confused it with the Enrolment/ITS registration/deadline for photo uploading etc?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Imo1991
I'm a soon-to-be psychology student. I recieved info from the psych department yesterday and it mentioned signing up for modules once we get there, after we have seen the department etc. But I thought we were supposed to sign up for modules from tomorrow? And to sign up ASAP because some modules fill up quickly? Also, how are we supposed to know which modules at which times we can register for, because we only have our provisional time-tables? And it says we don't have to go to everything on our provisional time-tables because there are multiple lectures/seminars for the same thing because of the amount of people on the course.

I'm pretty sure you don't do anything until you get there. Even I as a second year am not filling in my OMR until at least a week into term. Contact your department if you are unsure.
Reply 3
Eldop
I'm pretty sure you don't do anything until you get there. Even I as a second year am not filling in my OMR until at least a week into term. Contact your department if you are unsure.

Thanks. Well on the website, i've seen it loads of times but sods law I can't find it now, it says online module registration opens on the 21st september. But on the intro 'before you arrive' checklist it doesn't mention module registration. So i'm probabaly confused! So bascially your saying I don't need to do anything?
Reply 4
I am sure it makes more sense to wait til I get there, but I only get to choose one module and I reeeeally want one specific one, so I might do it. On Monday. at 9am. :tongue:
I got posted a list last week saying "You have to do four modules, these three are compulsory, but your fourth one can be an outside one from this list"

I want to do Japanese Language, that wasnt on the list... but they had French, Spanish, German, introduction to Philospophy, French cinema history... why can't I take Japanese? Why is french cinema or spanish more applicable to studying Sociology than Japanese?
Reply 6
Yeeah same. I'd like to do a biology module or a law module. Do we pick a specific subject module, or just an overall subject?
I think its just the specific module, but only things you are able to study, for example I've only done arts subjects at A level so there is no way I could possibly do a Chemistry degree module!
screenager2004
I got posted a list last week saying "You have to do four modules, these three are compulsory, but your fourth one can be an outside one from this list"

I want to do Japanese Language, that wasnt on the list... but they had French, Spanish, German, introduction to Philospophy, French cinema history... why can't I take Japanese? Why is french cinema or spanish more applicable to studying Sociology than Japanese?

Chill out. They are just suggested modules that are in someway complimentary to your course. It isn't an exhaustive list by any means.
https://omr.warwick.ac.uk/pdf/studentInstructions.pdf

Here is says OMR is open from 21-23 September

Module Registration for Autumn Term 2009/10 will be available for most students from 21st September - 23rd October, via my.warwick. Unless you are informed otherwise, all undergraduate students studying at the University in 2009/10 (EXCLUDING Warwick Business School, Warwick Medical School and School of Engineering students) should complete Autumn Term module registration requirements via my.warwick by 23rd October 2009.
Reply 10
I am so confused! I'm sure I haven't done everything i need do for when i arrive. I'm also doing psychology and i didn't even know we chose modules? :s-smilie: I think i'm just going to wait and see what happens when i get there
Reply 11
Imo1991

What information did the psych department give you? ( if you don't mind me asking!) I haven't heard anything from them :frown:
Reply 12
screenager2004

I want to do japanese too! But i cant seem to be able to find it anywhere. Not even with the search
Reply 13
is it possible for me to take the modules for Year 2 while I'm still in Year 1. I know that I can take it since it has nothing to do with the basic knowledge of Year 1. I can see it in the optional choice of OMR.

Anyone?
Reply 14
Why are you all waiting to pick your option module? Why not just do it now that its opened?
Reply 15
I can't get to the OMR page :s-smilie:
Read what the e-mail you have been sent says:

The Online Module Registration form for 2009/10 is available from 21st September via
my.warwick (unless your academic department has requested a different opening date).
Unless otherwise informed, all undergraduate students studying at the University in
2009/10 (excluding Warwick Business School, Warwick Medical School and School of
Engineering students) should complete Autumn Term module registration requirements
by 23rd October 2009 using the online form.

What's the panic?
Imo1991

I don't know how Warwick's Psychology department organises it but last year at university I/we had to pretty much organise our choice of modules and choice of seminars/lectures ourselves, meaning that it was our responsibility to have the right number of modules and to avoid clashes. E-mailing them is the best solution. Welcome to university!
Reply 18
TMDaines
Read what the e-mail you have been sent says:

What's the panic?

Yeah but I reeeeally want one specific module :p:
Reply 19
kingggg
I want to do japanese too! But i cant seem to be able to find it anywhere. Not even with the search

Japanese came up as an optional module for me and I'm studying French. Have you tried searching the course code?

Latest