The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Can I keep my car at the campus?

Hi there,

I know that on my "arrival recommendations" it is written that students are not allowed to park their own cars for the whole year... So I sent an e-mail to [email protected], and asked them. But I still have no answer so I guess you guys might help me... Is it really forbidden to leave my car on the campus? Cause I'll come from France and needless to say, it would be a great pain in the 4ss to bring it back, come back via an expensive train, etc.
So do you think they'd make an exception for a poor little French student?
Reply 1
Lmkt
Hi there,

I know that on my "arrival recommendations" it is written that students are not allowed to park their own cars for the whole year... So I sent an e-mail to [email protected], and asked them. But I still have no answer so I guess you guys might help me... Is it really forbidden to leave my car on the campus? Cause I'll come from France and needless to say, it would be a great pain in the 4ss to bring it back, come back via an expensive train, etc.

I doubt it tbh.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
They have changed car parking rules starting this October, residents on campus can not have a car barring exceptional circumstances, if all else fails park it by the Tescos near campus, or you could have the space in front of my house (10 minutes walk from main campus) on cannon hill road.
Reply 3
27pence
They have changed car parking rules starting this October, residents on campus can not have a car barring exceptional circumstances, if all else fails park it by the Tescos near campus, or you could have the space in front of my house (10 minutes walk from main campus) on cannon hill road.

Can't you park and just use the pay and display car parks? I'm commuting rather than living on campus...
Reply 4
Lmkt
Hi there,

I emailed them well over a month ago and twice since then trying to get a MEDICAL permit. No responses. I rang them 2 days ago and their answering machine is full and will accept no new messages. I rang university house to tell them this and they told me to email them!

The new car parking system is a complete joke. Just look on facebook to see how many people are angry about it.

I'm going to keep trying, but I might be forced to just take my car and all my documents and then just hope for the best.

Latest