The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I feel a lot better today - not feeling dizzy or cold.

But STILL have the diarrhoea! I took 4 imodium last night and 2 this morning and it's still like water. Only thing i've noticed it is less frequent..
I'm also really dehydrated... i've drank so much water but straight after I have such a dry throat and I still haven't got much of an appetite either!
Ah can't wait till i'm well again!
Reply 21
I'm feeling MUCH better now and think i know what I had - norovirus! Not swine flu!
Reply 22
Holamigo
I'm feeling MUCH better now and think i know what I had - norovirus! Not swine flu!

Norovirus is a vomiting bug so it's definitely not that. Trust me I've had it lol :p:
Reply 23
xJessx
Norovirus is a vomiting bug so it's definitely not that. Trust me I've had it lol :p:

Yeahh its the same bug. Can be vomiting or diarrhea. Apart from vomiting I have all the other symptoms.

The symptoms of a norovirus usually start between 24-48 hours after the initial infection, although they can start after as little as 12 hours. The first symptom is usually a sudden onset of nausea, which is followed by projectile vomiting and watery diarrhoea. Some people may also have:

a mild fever,
headaches,
stomach cramps, or
aching limbs.
In rare cases of the norovirus, seizures can occur. Symptoms normally last between 12-60 hours, although most people make a full recovery within one to two days. However, the diarrhoea may last slightly longer.

I had all of that even the sudden onset of nausea. So it's definitely this.
Holamigo

lol i doubt it was the noro, just sounds like your bog standard regualar flu virus
Reply 25
Subcutaneous
lol i doubt it was the noro, just sounds like your bog standard regualar flu virus

Pretty sure its the noro, my dad's friend is a doctor and he recons its that. I have the symptoms and I don't even have cough/runny nose which would of come with the flu
Reply 26
There is a diarrhoea equivalent called rotavirus I think it's more likely that. The main symtpom of norovirus is vomiting. You would have had vomiting with norovirus.
Reply 27
might be that then but its definitely not flu.

Ahh ive got really bad stomach cramps again :frown: really bad pain when I stand up and walk its worse !!

Latest